The Ti-83 SP COMPLETED!

zeldaxpro

I am pretty much almost done with this project, but just thought I'd show something before its complete. I am pretty certain it will all work out. Here is a teaser video enjoy:

Stay tuned :)

Re: The Ti-83 SP Work in Progress

Dang, looks like someone beat me to this. Nice job, looks pretty sweet.

superben51 said:
Dang, looks like someone beat me to this. Nice job, looks pretty sweet.

Thanks superben51 lol I didn't know you were into gameboy modding stuff. This should be done in like a week or two, and I am pretty sure I can fit everything in. I am trying to keep it as original as possible.

Just another small update :D

Ti83SP_zps809b03f9.jpg

Hey guys I'm back here with another update on this project. I should be able to finish it up this weekend, but no guarantees. Here are some pics:

TiSP834_zps25e90bad.jpg

TiSP836_zps9e1b0eee.jpg

^^ this is what its gonna look like, give or take. I still have to wire and secure everything in, but that is what the finished project should look like. I am using some 3 10440 cells (3.7v 1050mAh total) along with a custom charger port. The battery back will be sealed in.

I believe if I complete this, I will be the first in the world (documented) to have a GBA SP in a Ti 83 Calc, keeping the original calc buttons. Opinions, Questions, Comments? Stay tuned :D

Re: The Ti-83 SP Work in Progress *UPDATE 6/1/2013*

pretty cool guy.

one question, will the cart slot be covered somehow?

I would love to use this during math class! lol :p

I would make one as well, but those calculators are expensive :confused:

Also he could just use the calculator cover to cover the card slot.

Yeh lol I would use the cover that came with the Ti 83, so you cant even see the back where the cart goes.

The Ti-83 SP Work in Progress *UPDATE 6/1/2013*

Hey guys its finally DONE!!! And this thing is SICK! First in the world (documented) to put a GBA SP in a TI 83 calc keeping the original buttons. I'll have lots of pics tomorrow in the finished projects section as well as a video! Stay tuned!! :D

Back