TI-83 SP Dapper Edition [URGENT]

:tophat: So today I received an assignment in my English class that I needed to do something that will challenge me, so I decided that I wanted to make my own TI-83 SP. See, what the problem is, I don't know crap about modding, and this would be my first ever project/ mod. I have many questions, the first being what the heck do I need for this project??? (besides the obvious TI-83 and Gameboy Advanced SP) The second question is, where could I go to buy all this crap.
the third, and final question is, if this is not a recommended mod for a first-timer like me, then what is? thanks in advance! p.s. the project needs to take 10 hrs

Re: TI-83 SP Dapper Edition

How can you submit a project in basic electrical engineering as an English project?

ProgMetalMan said:
How can you submit a project in basic electrical engineering as an English project?
I have to write a summary of what I did, and another essay on what challenges I overcame while doing this project.

ProgMetalMan said:

lol I submitted an electrical engineering project in my APUS history class back in high school once. We had an extra credit assignment to decorate a kleenex box with APUS related stuff. I put a 3.5" lcd and a little USB media player inside it that played Saving Private Ryan. Pretty sure I got the same amount of extra credit as everyone else haha

I have a broken TI 83 calc in the marketplace somewhere that has a broken LCD. Everything else is fine, all the buttons are there and functional and stuff like that, only the LCD has a lot of dead pixels which makes it unusable for actual calculating but perfect for a project like this. I don't think it would be too bad of a first project, just fitting the GB into the case and soldering the controller parts to the calc board. I haven't made a TI-gameboy though so unsure if you'll have to cut some motherboards down or not.

wallydawg said:
I have a broken TI 83 calc in the marketplace somewhere that has a broken LCD. Everything else is fine, all the buttons are there and functional and stuff like that, only the LCD has a lot of dead pixels which makes it unusable for actual calculating but perfect for a project like this. I don't think it would be too bad of a first project, just fitting the GB into the case and soldering the controller parts to the calc board. I haven't made a TI-gameboy though so unsure if you'll have to cut some motherboards down or not.
yeah, you have to trim the top of the board where the y=, window, zoom, trace, and graph buttons are

Back