The Official Modretro App?

Spoleyo

Nothing better to increase popularity than an iphone/ipad/ipod app right? I thought it was only necessary because it would be 10000x easier for those with iphones and other apple flax to get notifications of messages and new posts. Anybody up for it? If not, it might be a fun little project for me :lol:

Also, what would you include in the oficial modretro app if you were the maker? :)

Spoleyo

mosaic_facepalm.jpg

Also, I don't want this place to get more popular.
Too many noobs as it is.

A simple :facepalm: would have done the trick :oops:. I just downloaded it, i just thought an actual modretro app would be a little better :p

And true, but who doesnt like a lttle popularity? :lol:

Or you could make it for the superior Android operating system and just make it available for download here. Releasing it on the market wouldn't be necessary.

AbyssPWNS said:
Or you could make it for the superior Android operating system and just make it available for download here. Releasing it on the market wouldn't be necessary.
Yes, yes, you must be so sure it's "superior" when you feel a need to announce it to the world as written fact.

Please, for the love of all that is good, don't turn this into a mobile OS war. It's the only thing more pointless and boring than a normal OS war.

I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing hate fanboys.

Also, I don't see the point in a modretro app, but, i would use it either way.

Bibin said:
AbyssPWNS said:
Yes, yes, you must be so sure it's "superior" when you feel a need to announce it to the world as written fact.

Yes, yes, you must be sure to be a dick at every possible opportunity.

Or... We could build it for an OS without tapatalk... Like WP7, or palmOS... You know, so it's actually something useful...

Well androids and iphones are the most common smart phones used for online browsing. It would be smart to make it for those phones but how many people is it actually helping? Besides, you also have other devices (ipad, ipod, androit tablets, nooks, etc) that could use it and Free of charge

Making an app or adopting tapatalk would help the users who already browse this forum, but I doubt someone would see the app then download it to discover the forum. It might be heplful and relatively painless to have such an app, but not for the sake of spreading MR.

Oh.

Zero said:
Please, for the love of all that is good, don't turn this into a mobile OS war. It's the only thing more pointless and boring than a normal OS war.
That's why I'm telling him to not be a zealous fanboy about which OS to make an app for.

Twilight Wolf said:
Bibin said:
AbyssPWNS said:
Yes, yes, you must be sure to be a dick at every possible opportunity.
You're Sandy Wolf, nobody cares, we get it, you don't do anything useful except complain, blah blah

Thats a good point...but yes it is mainly for people like me who dont want to have to check safari every 5 minites for new posts and pms. Notifications will be easier, and the actual app will be free and only for this forum to make it look more formal. I might start to work on one and if anyone else wants it, they can have it :lol:

EDIT: just an obvious idea as to what the icon shall be. Anything better in your mind tell me. This is not the app, its just the icon with the name.

photo-1.png

Or, you could not be cheap, and spend the $1 on tapatalk like everyone else did. If one of the few people that knows how to develop for smart phones on this forum builds a fully integrated forum reader like you want, They're going to charge for it. If you really think the free app is needed, feel free to pony up the $200-$500 to have tapatalk build a custom edition with free distribution rights.

Building an app, especially one like this, is not hard to do at all. When you get the SDK, its really simple imo. And instead of paying the ridiculous fees to have it in the app store, you just make it for download like many 3rd party apps for non-jailbroken devices are. Its not for the 2 dollars i need to pay, i just got over $150 in giftcards to itunes, but its for the more professional look, so its easier, and to have something to do. Its not a bad thing to try something even if it is not 100% useful.

And as for that icon idea....

photo-2.png

To be honest, i like this more...but the name is too plain :lol:

Back