The Future of ModRetro/New Ownership

From what conversations I've had in the chat with people, Facebook is in the business of big data, and has no intentions of giving up control of the goldmine we have here.

Looks like it's permanent, guys. :(

if SS was smart he'd use this to his advantage to steal back the userbase

ttsgeb said:
From what conversations I've had in the chat with people, Facebook is in the business of big data, and has no intentions of giving up control of the goldmine we have here.

Looks like it's permanent, guys. :(
I gave my personal info to Palmer Luckey DBA ModRetro. If PalmerTech LLC (unintentionally) sold that info after agreeing it wouldn't, is that a breach of contract?

ProgMetalMan said:
I gave my personal info to Palmer Luckey DBA ModRetro. If PalmerTech LLC (unintentionally) sold that info after agreeing it wouldn't, is that a breach of contract?

No.

If you don't believe me ask just about any other company that gets bought out.

ProgMetalMan said:
if SS was smart he'd use this to his advantage to steal back the userbase
Nothing has changed so far. It's not like we're what Zuckerberg wet dreams about in his sleep; he has bigger fish to fry. Anyone who this would have made leave would have left already.

So I guess this means I work for facebook while volunteering for facebook in my freetime :p

ttsgeb said:
We don't have MR shirts because Jlee never set up the shop.
I could set up a t-shirt shop, but I'm gonna keep all the monies for myself as I point and laugh at Thursty and Antome. :p
I still never got those prizes for the donation drawing form the first year the site was up.

As for the whole facebook thing I still want a rev 2 rift to play around with and I hope that a lot of games will still continue to support it.

I'm not a fan of facebook but if they make "tomorrow" today, then more power to 'em.

Yeah, I never got my stocking.
I'm not terribly upset about it, just... Disappointed.

Back