techknott's Gamecube u - EBAY ITEM NUMBER 110587859653

techknott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng2dwpfdtI8

Hey guys, just got this one done. Took a few weeks to build.
Please xcuse the 'dusty' photos, my camera lens is saturated with mdf dust:(

It did have some 4000mah li-ion batteries in, but ive just taken them out because they were flax(DO NOT buy blue batteries off ebay). So I need to get some more.
Also, I havent done a video yet because its too awkward to hold my iPhone and film at the same time.....vid to follow.

Oh, also, this isn't a commision, so ill be taking offers on it, otherwise it'll go on eBay!

Anyway:
PSone lcd with original backlight
Original GC control pad and custom triggers
2 external player ports and comp-av out for playing on big screen
Built in memory card
CNC cut acrylic case and mdf walls

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Re: techknott's Gamecube u

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sexy.(Other than the psone screen, I hate those things) Sideways A is sexy too.

Astounding work, techknott. Always nice to see you finish another quality, beautiful unit.

SS

If pure awesome had a baby, it would be that portable.

Is that a Dreamcast controller plugged in to it?

Nice portable. Pretty good finish and nice layout.

Yeah it's a Dreamcast lead and socket. I used it because it has 5 pins, 2 for ground, 2 for 12vdc and 1 for 400mA charging - it's spot on. They have a nice little click when you plug them in too. I'll use these all the time now I think instead of massive xlr's.

That..that's incredible. I love it!

I do have one question - how'd you work in the whole motherboard not blowing up from heat thing? (heatsink/fan)

Amazing job techknott!!! We are finally starting to see some truly beautiful Gamecube portables (although yours were beautiful from the start). This is one I would actually enjoy playing.

How did the L and R turn out? Pretty comfy?

Thanks. Yeah the L & Rs are really comfy. That's the config I use for all my gcp's now because it works so well. Plus, they don't really take any room up.

Back