Team Fortress 2 is having troubles on my computer

J.D

No Stranger To Love
For the last two days Team Fortress 2 has been lagging like crazy for me, even on low settings. Usually I can play on a server with 23 other people on it with just about no lag, on medium settings. Now I can barely move. Does anyone know what's wrong?

May be the recent updates. Dunno.

It lagged for everyone during the hallowe'en event, but that was serverside, so Who knows. I haven't played in a while so I could help ya.
:o

First of all, I've moved this to the Computer section, since it fits here better.

Secondly, epicelite, that's just about warn-worthy. Watch yourself.

Now, J.D, about when did it start to act up for you? Try doing a system restore and see if that helps. If not, does turning game settings down help?

Actually recently it's been acting up for me too. I used to be able to run perfect on medium, now it lags on low. Although my graphics card is old, 6600 equivalent, it hasn't worked out so great with the new updates.

The scotch tape the wires (better than solder imo) vs. Demoman update must have caused this for me.

It happened the first time for me after that update. I haven't played in a while so it might be something else. But since it's happening to you I'm guessing that's it.

THE NEW TF2 WEAPON IS A *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING CLAYMORE AND SHIELD!
THEY ALSO HAVE CRAFTING!

ENJOY YOUR MMO! :dahroll:

PS: Try turning off your anti-virus software, I remember issues with AVG free ed. making TF2 take somewhere around 4 minutes to fully exit.

epicelite said:
THE NEW TF2 WEAPON IS A *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING CLAYMORE AND SHIELD!
THEY ALSO HAVE CRAFTING!

ENJOY YOUR MMO! :dahroll:

PS: Try turning off your anti-virus software, I remember issues with AVG free ed. making TF2 take somewhere around 4 minutes to fully exit.

Please, refrain from spam like this.

Back