Tablet Recommendations?

vskid3

My wife wants a tablet for Christmas. The only requirement she has it that it has a front facing camera. She has an android phone, so it would probably be best to stick with android. I don't really want it to be locked into one market, so it either has to be open to start or be hackable. Nexus 7 catches my eye, but I was wondering if anyone has any input.

Nexus 7 if you can live without a microSD card slot and a back facing Camera. Tab 2 is also nice.

The note is pretty awesome, but not for the current price.

Personally, I'd actually take a transformer over a nexus 7, more options as far as productivity is concerned.

SteamDNT said:
]Personally, I'd actually take a transformer over a nexus 7, more options as far as productivity is concerned.
That's probably more the route I would go if it were for me. My wife mainly wants one for reading, web browsing, and video chat.

Looks like it'll be the Nexus 7 unless someone can come up with a very convincing alternative.

Personally, I don't see why I'd ever need a back facing camera on a tablet, and I'm still pretty good on storage with my Nexus 7. Plus, I can enable USB on the Go/USB Host to add more storage if need be, in addition to stuff stored in the cloud. You really can't beat the price/performance ratio on the Nexus 7.

Yeah I have a Nexus 7 too and I highly recommend it. Only downside really is the lack of microSD, but as Zero said, you can hook up external USB drives to it. It's a really nice size and weight and is excellent as an ereader. The screen is beautiful as well.

Well isn't that great, she gets it in the mail and the price drops, FUUUUUU!

Oh well. She really likes it so far. Thanks for your help guys.

Is there some sort of get credit back policy like brick and mortar stores?

Should Google reduce its price on any Device within 15 days from the date you order it, you may contact Google Play Support to request a refund or credit for the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Google Play Support within 15 days of the price change.
Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh :awesome:

Back