Super FX Devcart 3.0

Drakon

What does it run? Everything and anything. 4, 8, 16 mbit eproms. The superfx chip is the gsu-2-sp1. I installed a 512k ram chip that overclocks faster than other ram chips and restored the address line needed to get 512k of ram instead of 256k. There's a four pin header on the back with connectors for 5v, ground, the original 21.4 mhz clock (pin 1 of the cartridge connector) and the clock line that feeds directly into the superfx chip if I ever feel like plugging in an oscillator for overclocking. This cart plays super fx original roms or romhacks of any size up to 16 mbits at either default or various overclocked speeds. The save battery has been socketed for easy swapping. The eprom socket is standard 4 / 8 mbit eprom wiring, the extra pin connector is the extra address line needed for a 16 mbit adapter.

nggSxjX.jpg

p9cngSp.jpg

oxQUuk7.jpg

What makes this devcart better than my other ones? This:

aAkWJSI.jpg

This is pretty cool. I'm assuming that's a Yoshi's Island romhack? Is it any good?

ShockSlayer said:
Thanks!
Ashen said:
This is pretty cool. I'm assuming that's a Yoshi's Island romhack? Is it any good?
Yes it's a yoshi's island romhack. I havn't played it yet, I'm still playing through the original yoshi's island with the stupid crying sound effect removed. I never cleared this game back in the day just because of that stupid crying noise.

Drakon said:
ShockSlayer said:
Thanks!
Ashen said:
Yes it's a yoshi's island romhack. I havn't played it yet, I'm still playing through the original yoshi's island with the stupid crying sound effect removed. I never cleared this game back in the day just because of that stupid crying noise.
Crying is quite annoying. it's the incentive to avoid getting hurt.

grossaffe said:
Crying is quite annoying. it's the incentive to avoid getting hurt.
For me it was incentive to romhack the game and build a cart to play this romhack on.

This is a prime example of how the same stimuli can effect different people differently.
I approve of Drakon's response. Grossaffe, you just need to broaden your horizons.

ttsgeb said:
This is a prime example of how the same stimuli can effect different people differently.
I approve of Drakon's response. Grossaffe, you just need to broaden your horizons.
D:

Back