SS's Xenolithic Gratification Cuboid Worklog

Partially installed my new mobo from Ashen today; also cut some holes in the case creatively using the multimax and the drill: 3 sd slots, GC AC adapter, charge port, fullsize controller port.

Melted the pins through the plastic on one of my SD slots though, now I only have the wiikey's slot and the one I got from the GCP2. :U I'll get another one from my local radioshack, which is full of SD card readers with the same exact slot.

SS

Thats a Dang good shack you got. Mine doesn't have diddly. If anyone ever needs SD card readers, you can get almost identical ones on ebay. In bulk for pretty cheap.

Got some thermal paste.

Working on it...later tonight probably, maybe sooner, depends on how I feel. If I get as much done as I did last time, I might get to close it up.

Get excited.

I've been tweaking it and fixing little things, I had to hardwire the mini USB port for the qoob, the original cable decided to fail. Only four wires, took advantage of wiring the traces to the traces, made it way easier.

Also moved around some wires, had a bit of interference on the screen.

Replaced the ghetto SMT Potentiometer volume knob with a real volume knob from an old CD/DVD drive. 100x better, looks exactly the same. I now know of several more volume knobs I can harvest; yay~

Glued the L button in a bit better.

The only thing left to do is fix the R button, I believe the "full press" button wire on the controller chip came off, as that part of the button doesn't work. NBD, I'll fix that later. Took a bunch of pictures of it!

SS

Back