Solving Joystick Drifting?

treminaor

Here is a video illustrating the problem: https://youtu.be/kOiBozBTA74

I hooked up a PS2 joystick to my makopad/superpad plus controller board and the stick is drifting up to the top right of the screen when left idle. I have tried clearing the solder pins and resoldering the wires but the drift does not change. It never speeds up or slows down after my multiple resoldering attempts. I've also tried blowing out the inside of the joystick with compressed air.

It didn't have this drifting issue when I first connected the wires a few days ago but I had the axis's inverted and had to redo my soldering.

I've also connected a 1st party gamecube stick, a 3rd party c stick, and a 1st party PS3 stick. They all have the exact same drifting issue so it's either a wiring problem or a controller board problem I guess.

Desolder the stick from the board. Then run a wire to bridge each volt pin and ground pin on the potentiometers, connect data in the middle.

watsug said:
Desolder the stick from the board. Then run a wire to bridge each volt pin and ground pin on the potentiometers, connect data in the middle.
Found the time to do this, still the exact same behavior as when it's connected through the board. I've tried 3 joysticks so that pretty much rules out me having ruined the joystick potentiometers.

H6cN2Ou.jpg

Back