IMG_0009.jpg

One PC monitor
IMG_0010.jpg

With good quality for a change!
IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Now the Monitor is pretty thick
IMG_0013.jpg

Are there hinges strong enough to support it? or should i use it to make a Snes tablet?

The snes would never be heavy enough to hold up the monitor.

And if you do go with the tablet you should put some kind of kickstand on the back at least.

You can get some pretty strong hinges. And he's right, the SNES would never be heavy enough to hold up the monitor. The SNES, recased, with batteries and miscellaneous things might. Your call.

If you got some batteries that could support that monitor and they still weren't heavy enough.

Plastic baggies filled with dirt. ::3:

Yeah i was thinking of putting some form of weight in there to support it,but what about hinges?
what kind do i need?

Basically you have two t pieces with holes in them. you cut holes inside the cases and put the t piece through the hole of both cases. Then you put a bolt through both pieces attaching them together.

So they finally look like the hinges in this picture:
rear_ports.jpg

I was just making that diagram on how to make the hinges.

IMO,

Build the snes and batteries into the monitor themselves, and then bondo the 2 controller ports + whatever else you need into the front panel, and then cartridge should go into a recess or in a hole where it fits(just somewhere good, like on the back or something), and then a sort of kickstand on the back that will hold the entire unit up. That way you can have laptop-esque functionality, but in a more concise, precise type device.

I have it designed in my mind already. :awesome:

SS

ShockSlayer said:
IMO,

Build the snes and batteries into the monitor themselves, and then bondo the 2 controller ports + whatever else you need into the front panel, and then cartridge should go into a recess or in a hole where it fits(just somewhere good, like on the back or something), and then a sort of kickstand on the back that will hold the entire unit up. That way you can have laptop-esque functionality, but in a more concise, precise type device.

I have it designed in my mind already. :awesome:

SS

Did you ever design your portables outside of your mind before building them? (Pre-X64 lite, I mean.) :p

IMHO, the best thing to do would be to get a Retro Duo and just make a laptop out of a NES and a SNES in one.

It would be less bulky, longer battery life, and double the fun.

Don't add any weight that wouldn't be beneficial to the system in some way.

Buy more batteries if you must add weight. Make the thing last for a month of gameplay, whatever.

What I wasm going to say, too. Just line the entire bottom of the laptop with c-sized cells, some high capacity ones, and you'll be set. You can always order some locking hinges from mcmastercarr...

Back