SNESp VS 64p

Hey I am new to modding and want to build a portable. I don't know weather to choose between the N64p or a SNESp, I have a couple questions. Can you use one of those Retro duo systems on ebay, or does it have to be a genuine SNES? Which is harder to do? The 64P looks like it has alot more support, but the SNESp looks simpler to wire, and theres no heatsinks involved. Thanks for and suggestions.

Retro Duo or mini SNES will work. Full-size normal SNES is pushing it. N64p is somewhat harder to do, but N64s are GENERALLY cheaper to buy. Really, it comes down to which you want to do, not what is easier to do.

I would say do a snes portable with a retro duo, find out how to not use the nes portion, or use it if you want! I have fried too many n64's for it to be a beginners project. What you should do, is some simple mods, then work your way up. Like, change the led on your gameboy, or backlight a dmg, etc.

My first mod ever was an N64p. I didn't do a good enough job on it because I didn't have enough experience. I would say start with an SNESp, but it's really your choice. If you start with something simple, you will get practice, and when you go to build something a little more expensive, you will be able to do a good job on it.

Back