Could someone mod this vintage TV for me? (UK)

Hi all, I've managed to get hold of a vintage Sony transitor TV and have been thinking what to do with it. Its a very small set and is quite a rare. Originally, I wanted to put it on display next to my record player in my mancave. However I thought it would be really cool if I could somehow repurpose it. So I've been thinking that maybe a DVD player or console (maybe a GameCube?) might be cool and then I stumbled across this forum.

I know next to nothing about the modding scene, but having had a look at some of the work on here, it looks very interesting & impressive.

Onto the unit, I wouldn't want to change the aesthetics of the exterior too much if possible. I've listed a couple of questions below...

What would you do with the unit?
Would a console mod be possible in my unit?
Is there anyone out there I can commission to do the mod?
If so, roughly how much would it cost?

Here's some pictures of the unit in question

[URL=http://s567.photobucket.com/user/Baltipie1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150902_204702_zpsfdyatnr4.jpg.html]

Ampz said:
What type of video does that TV accept?

As it is so old I'm not sure it does. I've posted a side picture of the unit below.

I'm happy for the unit to be gutted & I'm looking for someone to do a professional neat console install if possible. Is there anybody you can recommend?

You should take it to the junkyard in this forum,
there should be people who would want to take on the task.
And i'm not able to tell what type of video it accepts.
Mabye there is on there that i'm not familiar with.

Is that even a color TV?

Also, it almost certainly ONLY takes RF input natively.

You would almost definitely need to gut the inside and replace the screen in order to do what you're asking OP. I would think thought that other than that, and if there is a screen out there that would fit the dimensions of the original screen to replace it with, that everything else could stay pretty much intact (knobs for volume, even the hold, brightness and contrast knobs to be used as push buttons instead of dials).

Goodluck with trying to find someone OP. And if you do please post pics of how you make out with it.

naimlessone said:
You would almost definitely need to gut the inside and replace the screen in order to do what you're asking OP. I would think thought that other than that, and if there is a screen out there that would fit the dimensions of the original screen to replace it with, that everything else could stay pretty much intact (knobs for volume, even the hold, brightness and contrast knobs to be used as push buttons instead of dials).

Goodluck with trying to find someone OP. And if you do please post pics of how you make out with it.

Thanks for the replies. Naimlessone, this is exactly what I was thinking of, Gut the insides, replace the screen and utilise the existing buttons/dials if possible.

As Ampz suggests, I'll put a post in the Junkyard section.

Back