Snesp Build log Help needed pg 3

bud

DAT ASS
Ok so this is my first portable and I have some questions. Some I will ask when needed but some I need answered now.
1. what is the best way to make the controls? (bens way, or solder tacts to pads, or split controller)
2. what speakers should I use?
3.Does the snes need heatsinks?

I'll surely ask more later. Just answer what you can.

What I'm using:
snes mini
psone screen
not sure on case yet
hopefully lithium-polymer batteries

No pics yet but I will get pictures of my crappy soldering soon
Oh suggest a name because I got nothing
all help appreciated -budnespid

Re: Untitled Snesp Build log

Ok so I need someone to do a led mod and an anti-glare mod.
Only experienced people please. Post offers and prices. :)

Zeturi- i like the idea but I see bud's nesp id, but
the name came years before I got into portablilzing

Ok I got a little work done yestrday. I desoldered the cart slot and rewired the capicators. I also desoldered the the controller ports.
Thats all for now- budnespid

Re: Untitled Snesp Build log PROBLEM!

Okay I rewired the capacitors and the cart slot. It didn't work last night, but when I got up this morning I checked all the pins in the connector and...... It worked!!! :mrgreen: But sadly on every game I try except for NBA Jam I get horrible screeching Feedback. WTF Can anyone diagnose my problem?
Thanks in advance - budnespid

edit: I tried it again and no feedback until I tried a LOZ a likn to the past, Now every game starts to screech again. This is pissing me off. :wtf:

Please keep repeat posts to a minimum. There is an edit key that can be used to edit flax.

OMFGCAPS said:
Please keep repeat posts to a minimum. There is an edit key that can be used to edit flux.
That I don't even undertand
BTW STAY OFF MY THREAD OMFGCAPS!!!!! I dislike you very much.

OMFGCAPS means try not to post more than once in a row. there is a button you click to edit your posts, it looks like
icon_post_edit.gif

Oh, and only fagz hold grudges, unless the other person really did something fagish themself.

Look this is my build log I post when I want to. The edit button is only relevant when it pertains to something in a previous post, which nothing I see does so MYOB!

I think I found the source of my screeching problem. I noticed that two of my capacitors were touching (could this really be the source of the problem?) I separated them and the screeching stopped. Hurray! :D
If someone would answer my controller question I will start on that.
thats all for now- budnespid
Oh and Pics to Coming soon!

budnespid said:
I think I found the source of my screeching problem. I noticed that two of my capacitors were touching (could this really be the source of the problem?) I separated them and the screeching stopped. Hurray! :D

More than likely one of the caps was leaning to far and had come loose from the board. When you straightened it , you made contact with the board again. Might want to check the solder joint to make sure :)

Re: Untitled Snesp Build log Problem Solved

Thanks, Hail the problem is fixed and tested.
Feel free to answer some of my other questions though.

budnespid said:
Look this is my build log I post when I want to. The edit button is only relevant when it pertains to something in a previous post, which nothing I see does so MYOB!
Yes, sure, post in a row if it's to do with the log, but if it's just talking like this, don't post twice.
more especially, you can very easily edit your casual post and add on one to do with the build log..

Just because you add a new reply means it can be a different topic doesn't mean you don't have to save reading space and some people's frustration by consolidating two replies into one.

Honestly, it a good habit and compromise to get into. Espeecially if you intend to extend yourself to other forums.

anyway, enough of my post critique, Glad you've essentially solved your problem!

Thanks Antome, but I think I may know a little more than you seeing as I have been here longer. No offense I just don't like being talked to like I am a useless noob. Furthermore I reserve this thread for posts only pertaining to my project.
thanks- budnespid

I know more than all of you combined so quit yer yapping and get back on topic. Also, it's generally a good idea to use the edit button if you are the last poster, cause three times in a row makes it look like you are spamming.

SS

Back