Help me repair my 5 gamecube motherboards

Hey.
I was gonna go in fully on making my Gcp but when i was installing my xeno modchip my lazer broke.
Yesterday the new one arrived and i went to check it out.
I was installing it when the motor cable got ripped out so i went downstairs to solder it back in. When done imediately plugged the gc mobo i took with me in and tried it out . I first turned it on without it and it worked ( before i soldered ) then after i got soldering i tried again and it just stopped working.
My guess is that the deattached Heatsink slid to the side and caused a short but thats just a theory. Its wierd cause the mobo i used before died the same way. Now both dont turn on or ignite the Led on the controller board. They both electrocuted me (it only hurt no damage to my hearth or anything. It was only a light shock)when i picked them up after the incident however.
I went upstairs to get a replacement but none worked ( i didnt even touch 3 of them)
They got shipped with loose heatsinks so thats why they are damaged. Im gonna go through each one and add a picture with description. Id like to ask if you guys could help me get as many as possible running.

1.Shock incident. Doesnt turn on or ignite the Led
652d33bbaada948fb6ef6f69a3712cf6.jpg

2.The shock incident described above. Same happend with 1.
6e7895d5a0e8c24a81878d64d774b4a3.jpg

3.This is the only one turning on. The crystal (if thats what its called )is slightly detatched causing it to output distorted image and play in slow motion and freeze when the intro got done playing. It also refuses to use my disk drive. Lastly it lost a tiny black part connecting 3 cables. (See photo on right over heatsink screwhole)
57fce97a9aaf0b2d19eb543db4c6ad20.jpg

4. Completely lost crystal due to the loosely detached heatsinks. Doesnt turn on or ignite controller bord led.

4b935fc899b79b9053777f7bbedbb1f0.jpg

5.Got a tower thingy (in German its Kondesator. I dunno the word for it in English) completely messed up. It should be working but when i turn it on the Led only turns on for a split second.
It also lost a tiny tiny part . i dont know if you can spot it on the picture. It was one of those tiny cube thingies under the bigger black square under the frequency crystal.
489ccf49c5ec40f5e69b702a5ad03589.jpg

Please help me on this.
See ya

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

The ones that don't turn on at all from the shock are probably dead if the LED doesn't turn on. I'd try wiring directly to the voltage relocation spots on the bottom of the board (see Ashens trimming guide)

The ones with the crystal issues, make sure they are the same region as your screen before you try anything to rule out the possibility of anything being related to region incompatibility. After that try resoldering the crystals in their spots.

Take a better picture of the "small square thingy" that fell off. Sometimes they're just filters or very small capacitors you might be able to just bridge.

The one missing the crystal completely you'll need to try and solder on a new one.

Overall do a very good look over of your board with a magnifying glass or something and make sure there's no small pieces of conductive material bridging something. Use a multimeter to make sure none of the voltage spots are bridged with ground as well.

Fluxedo said:
The ones that don't turn on at all from the shock are probably dead if the LED doesn't turn on. I'd try wiring directly to the voltage relocation spots on the bottom of the board (see Ashens trimming guide)

The ones with the crystal issues, make sure they are the same region as your screen before you try anything to rule out the possibility of anything being related to region incompatibility. After that try resoldering the crystals in their spots.

Take a better picture of the "small square thingy" that fell off. Sometimes they're just filters or very small capacitors you might be able to just bridge.

The one missing the crystal completely you'll need to try and solder on a new one.

Overall do a very good look over of your board with a magnifying glass or something and make sure there's no small pieces of conductive material bridging something. Use a multimeter to make sure none of the voltage spots are bridged with ground as well.
Alot of them are bend and are gonna fall of if i try to move them but im gonna try my best. I just need one to work again(atleast one. All of them would be magnificent)

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Fluxedo said:

Im gonna try that in the upcoming winter holidays since im really really busy with school. Im gonna post a few more pictures then too.

The one with bad video seems to have a capacitor missing in the av circuit. That probably causing that. If you replace the one crystal that has it missing that should solve that one. Try taking one from the first 2 boards and give them a shot again.

Edit: I am pretty good at working with rev c boards as well. I put one in my gcp without the regulator on it. So maybe the other boards just need power directly to the chips.

Back