N64 portable wall power help

Hey guys, my first post here! I've been a lurker for quite some time and have been tinkering with an n64 portable slowly! I've been stumped for a few days so i'd figure id ask you guys.

Is there a way to incorporate the original n64 wall adapter into a portable? I'd really like to keep the console functionality in this portable, but can anyone give me some guidance on switching the power between batteries (7.4v lipos), the charger (8.4v wall wart) and the N64 AC brick (12v and 3v). I ran into a mental wall trying to figure out why shockslayer's dpdt switch diagrams didn't have 3.3v in them. And then it also occurred to me i would need a way to stop the 12v from going to my LCD and potentially destroying it(?) because the screen would be off when playing from a TV with wall power. Obviously i want as little switches and plugs on the portable as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think its not a good idea to put the Power supply in your portable. It's very heavy and it has two seperate Voltage Lines.

The "normal" way would be this. You have only ONE switch (dpdt). You connect a the 7.4v Lipo to it and your 8.4v wall power. Now you have to get a regulator for about 3-5 $. This regulator will be your "New power supply". Now you have your 3.3 Volt line and a 7.4 / 8.4 Volt Line for the screen and the N64 and all other stuff.

I have the batteries and the regulator, i just want an option to be able to use wall power when i plug the console into the TV. The screen i'm using has video outs aswell.

Wy do you want to use the original one ? Just plug in any other Wall adapter with 7.4 - 8.4 Volts with 3 Amps it will make everything easier.

I just thought it would be less confusing because the two wall warts look similar and i can't guarantee it's only me using it. Thanks for your input so far though!

Best way in my opinion to prevent any confusion is two use two different plug in ports. Perferably two that are physically unable to get put into the others ports.

That's what I would do anyways.

I agree with the above unless you get some sort of PCB that will let you play and charge. Usually it's not so simple, so isolating the batteries for charging and then bypassing your power switch with wall power might be the easiest way. That way to use wall power or charge you turn the unit off. You could then play by plugging in wall power to the separate port and then you could charge if you wished on the other.

Make them incompatible though, for sure.

I could just do a 5.5mm DC and a 3.5mm so they can't be mixed up. Does a 7.4v li-ion have to be charged with an 8.4v charger or could it be charged with the same 7.5v wall wart used to power my n64.

Back