SD Gecko

First of all, can an SD Gecko's sd card be used as a memory card for the gamecube? I have searched around the internet, but there were many conflicting statements. From these, I kind of gathered that the official geckos can but the clones can't, but I wanted to make sure.

Second, where can I buy an SD gecko? the closest I came to finding an in-stock was here: http://www.dx.com/p/wiikey-sd-card-adap ... 5u-0P6YNyA

Thanks in advance.

That adapter is fine. This here is the same one at a higher price, but probably faster shipping because DealExtreme takes forever: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Video-Game- ... 1936&rt=nc
All I know about using an SD card as a memory card is that Swiss seems to have an option to "emulate a memory card" with the SD card, but I don't know how it works. It's definitely not directly compatible, though. GameCube BIOS will tell you "The device inserted in Slot A/B cannot be used".

So if I use swiss I should be able to use sd cards in gecko as memory cards, right? And if not, why do people add sd geckos to their portables (modchips come with sd slots)?

use a real memory card

swiss virtual memorycard still needs more work...
there is no timeframe on when more investigation will be preformed to improve it...

megalomaniac said:
use a real memory card

swiss virtual memorycard still needs more work...
there is no timeframe on when more investigation will be preformed to improve it...
I saw many portables with both a gecko and a wiikey/wasp fusion, but for those portables, what is the purpose of the gecko?

depends...

some people use WKF/WASP with official firmware which required WBFS sd card on the WKF/WASP slot..then they play homebrew from SD Gecko

others use WKF/WASP with swiss on flash which requires FAT/FAT32 sd card in the WKF/WASP slot...then they use SD Gecko for homebrew and extra storage for more ISOs...

note: most homebrew does not support loading from WKF/WASP sd card...so if you plan to use homebrew you will need to use SD Gecko...
if you look for the builds i released of a lot of popular homebrew, you will find they are WKF/WASP fat32 compatible...

so many choices to consider

Back