RIP Overhauled Portable SNES

I feel that my Overhauled Portable SNES deserves a new thread :D

Unfortunately I dropped it and busted the screens ribbon cable connector :cry: More details in the video.

Here's the Original

Changes made: filled in brightness, volume, start, and select button holes on the front, gave the bondo a much needed fixing up, added speakers, switched from a mini snes to a retro duo, filled in the old shoulder button holes and moved them to the shoudler, moved start and select to the back, as well as the volume control buttons, filled in the old "plugs and switches" holes. aka psone memory card holes, anti glare mod, extended the sides of the cart slot cover, switched ABXY from tact switches to the "board and membrane" type, filling in unneeded screw holes, and last but not least, it is now powered by internal 4000mah LIpos.

Specs: 2 3.7v 4000mah Li-po Batteries, Retro Duo, Chopped-4 LED Modded-Anti Glare removed-Zenith Screen With relocated Volume controls. All inside a PSOne case :)

p2230031z.jpg

p2230036.jpg

p2230054.jpg

p2230056.jpg

p2230043k.jpg

p2230052.jpg

That sucks. Seems like the system would be kind of hard to hold with the buttons on top like that though.

You took mah secret button idea!!!

On a small N64p, I was gonna use tall tacts for buttons like you did for L and R.

Looks good, though. Sorry to hear it died. :(

J.D said:
That sucks. Seems like the system would be kind of hard to hold with the buttons on top like that though.
Its the exact opposite, its much easier and more comfortable than having them at the bottom of the unit. This way I can grip the entire system and not have my hands cramp up Like on the PSP.

Basement_Modder said:
You took mah secret button idea!!!

On a small N64p, I was gonna use tall tacts for buttons like you did for L and R.

Looks good, though. Sorry to hear it died. :(
Thanks! I needed room for batteries and thats what they gave me :D

Hmm, I'd prefer my controls between the top and the bottom.

As soon as I finish my EplisionNES, I'll make a RetroUno portable.

bacteria said:
Title provided as requested! Well done!
Thanks!
Basement_Modder said:
Now you need a new avatar, preferably on benheck and modretro. ;)

Edit- how 'bout this?
312v805.png
What happened to F-Zero??? :lol: Thanks!

snowpenguin said:
Wow schmelly, that sucks, it really is good.
Thanks! I can show it to you if you want to drive out to Mesa :lol:

J.D said:
Hmm, I'd prefer my controls between the top and the bottom.

As soon as I finish my EplisionNES, I'll make a RetroUno portable.
Thats a good place too, I forgot to add that they are also up there because of the screens mobo('twas before sifus massive screen reduction) and I didnt want to put them in the middle because of the disc lid. In retrospect I wont be putting them at the very top again because I need screwposts in each corner.

You can still put screwposts in the corner, you just need creativity!

For example, in the top left indent on the dpad, or in the top right indent between the X and A buttons.

schmellyfart said:
I meant screwposts that line up wit the original screw holes on the psone case.
Why would you want to do that? :awesome:
Custom is much better, especially when you are using the case for pcb's it wasn't designed for. ;)

They're easy to make!
Just drill a hole in the case thats a bit larger then the screw head, then put another layer of plastic under it and drill the screw hole in that. Viola!

Depending on the thickness of the plastic, you may need 2 layers of screw well plastic, then the hole. Its up to you.

Basement_Modder said:
They're easy to make!
Just drill a hole in the case thats a bit larger then the screw head, then put another layer of plastic under it and drill the screw hole in that. Viola!

Depending on the thickness of the plastic, you may need 2 layers of screw well plastic, then the hole. Its up to you.

Or you could just use a counter sink bit and achieve the same results.

neverused said:
Basement_Modder said:
They're easy to make!

Or you could just use a counter sink bit and achieve the same results.
I have no idea what this is, though. :lol:

Back