New n64 questions

Try jiggling the wires on the art slot to see if it changes anything. If makes the image look any different, then it's the cart slot wiring. You should check for shorts and redo those wires if necessary.

In the future, it's better to use stranded wire for cart relocations. Solid wire can break inside if it's moved or flexed too much. Stranded wire is easier to move around, and won't break from it.

I think the wiring on the cart slot end looks okay. But for some of the wires, it looks like you might've stripped a bit too much insulation. Makes sure none of the wires are touching each other on those exposed copper strands. Also, I just remembered; check the wiring on your AV port. It could be that something is touching that shouldn't be.

do you think that it could be the packing tape that might block the signal from properly working?
and what do you mean by insulation, the stuff that covers the wire? sorry im not familiar with tech jargon lol

There's no shortcuts, you need to check every connection. Every single connection. Also in the future use stranded wire.

i did check most if not all of my connections and i can still use stranded wire, i choose not to because it's frilled at the ends and i hate that but because it is better i probably will re- do the connections, all of them but if thats what it takes then so be it. any tips for tinning stranded wire? i suck at it

Just twist the ends of the wire together until there are no frills at the ends. Then take your soldering iron, and melt some solder onto it. The strands of wire should soak the solder right up.

Twist the stranded wire after you strip it. Lay it on the hot iron. Let it heat up. Then touch your solder to it. It should cling like a magnet. It's super simple and easy.

alright cool.... thanks for the advice on that, what should i do for the av and power problem, because i cut those peices off but mistake, i have all of the other parts, should i just start wiring things together? because i have a feeling the same problem is gonna happen again.

Back