Game Boy Pocket Face and Back Plates question.

This is my first post, so sorry if I'm putting it in the wrong area. I recently took apart 2 GBPs, one had a cracked screen cover, the other had a damaged circuit board...so I took the circuit board from the one with the broken screen and put it in the one that had the broken circuit board so I could have one good, working GBP. However, upon putting it back together, when I look at the top, if I squeeze it, the plates push together, suggesting that perhaps I didn't line something up right, so they won't go together. I don't know if this is just a normal thing with the GBP, or if it's my fault...can anyone check about that, or tell me what I should do? Other than "deal with it", I'm extremely OCD about things like this, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

This is a video that attempts to show what I am talking about, but it's hard to see because I can't figure out how to focus my camera.

Welcome to the forums! It would be appreciated if you just used black text.

Perhaps you need to screw things tighter.

I tried that, but it didn't do much, and I'm also using a small Philips head, not a triwing, and I didn't want to force it, as I don't want to strip the screws. But when I was screwing them, it seemed like the top left screw in the back didn't want to go all the way in, and I checked various times to make sure everything was lined up right. I'm not sure what it is.

I'm also wondering: What is the best type of paint to use to paint a Game Boy Pocket and a Super Nintendo? I plan on painting both...does it matter?

First off, you can get a Triwing Screwdriver at dealextreme.com. You can also get a higher quality one at nonelectronics.com. They work a lot better then Philips.

If I were you, I would try to find a broken Game Boy Pocket on eBay or someone on the forums. You can recase your franken-Game Boy.

Also, for painting plastic, use Krylon Fusion. It actually binds to the plastic, and you can't scratch it off. Make sure you paint in layers though. You can probably find Krylon Fusion at Home Depot or a local building supply.

JonnyJustice said:
Does Krylon Fusion have any paint that comes in bottles or something? I intend to do some hand painted work as well.

No, but I think you can like spray it onto some cardboard or something and use that as a sort of ghetto-palette. And you should try to avoid hand painting wherever possible.

I plan on painting a Mega Man sprite right under the Nintendo logo. I've done this kind of thing before on an NES for a friend, but he already had the paint and stuff for me ready to use...but now I'm wondering what I should use if I'm hand painting something like that.

Make some sort of thing that you lay on top of it that has the logo punched out of it and you spray it and pull the thing off and have the picture.

I'm so tired I can't think of the name of this contraption...

Back