Reverse polarity is not good..

Hey guys im new here as this is my first post. I made a terrible mistake, and used a charger with the wrong polarity on my wii. Is there anyway i can fix the damage that has been done by myself, or will i need to send it in?

Most likely you've blown the fuse on the motherboard. Its located right by the power input jack connector. Have you checked it?

Ashen said:
Most likely you've blown the fuse on the motherboard. Its located right by the power input jack connector. Have you checked it?

No I haven't checked the fuse. I don't have the correct screw driver so I can't get inside. If i find a way to fabricate or buy a screwdriver I'll try that first. So is the fuse on there just a reverse current regulator or something? I'm just wondering because i provided 12 volts, just in the wrong direction... Thanks for your input.

I found it easy to take most Nintendo consoles apart using the melt the end of a plastic pen technique work's most the time, but the game cube's deep resest screw's require something long and thin, if you do buy a bit don't get one of the short 1/4" hex bit type's, the extension bit for them are to wide.

Busting into a Nintendo system might make it cost more if they have to fix it.

Mr. Hooker said:
I found it easy to take most Nintendo consoles apart using the melt the end of a plastic pen technique work's most the time, but the game cube's deep resest screw's require something long and thin, if you do buy a bit don't get one of the short 1/4" hex bit type's, the extension bit for them are to wide.
He is talking about a Wii, which uses tri-wing screws.

You can remove tri-wing screws with a small flat-head screwdriver. Put it in one of the "wings", and with a healthy amount of pressure, it should stay put while you turn it and remove the screws. Or you can buy a triwing screwdriver online for $1 (if you want to wait a month for it to arrive from Hong Kong).

yeah, seriously, buy a triwing screwdriver. They're not expensive. And while you're at it, pick up the gamebits

Ashen said:

I soddered the gap where the fuse used to be. The Wii now works perfectly. Thank you very much.

Great just make sure to replace the fuse in the future or never make the same mistake again, or the whole wii will be fried next.

Back