Portable gamecube without taking it apart?

Owl

Newb
I've wanted a portable gamecube for years now but I never had access to the tools necessary to take apart a gamecube and do it myself, until I found something. A portable screen made for the gamecube from a company named intec. After doing some research I also discovered they made a portable battery that attaches to the bottom of the cube. The battery lasts for about an hour and a half and takes 12 hours to recharge. Is there anyway I could upgrade the battery to make it last longer and charge in less time? I am very determined to make a portable gamecube without opening the guts of the cube itself. I'm fine with going into the battery if you guys think I could upgrade it.

TLDR: is there a way I could upgrade the battery on an intec portable battery?

Link to battery for those interested

https://www.amazon.com/Intec-GameCube-Battery-Pack-Black/dp/B00006DY4S
This is my first post, sorry if I did anything wrong.

I have no idea what the battery looks like inside, but it looks big enough to house several flat lithium polymer batteries. It might even be able to fit some cylindrical lithium ion batteries, which may be better for size. I think, before anything else, you'll need to get the battery pack and measure how much space there is inside to take out the original batteries and replace them.

Yeah, you could always upgrade the battery. The thing to keep in mind is that the GameCube's power regulator is extremely inefficient and demanding. It will suck a lot of power (not to mention the screen either) and you'll have to run things like the fan and disc drive that will just add to the load.

Back