Regarding the use of Custom Regulators

The two portables I have made so far have both used the stock Regulators/ Regulator board.

This latest portable I am planning on making a portable using the custom regulator system. I plan on using the 1.5V for the CPU and the 1.7V for the GPU modle. Will I need to cut the 1.9V trace between these two components before using the seperate voltages or is it just a matter of where I attatch the new voltages to?

The 1.9v trace that is shared between the two processors on a DOL-001 motherboard is near the regulator plug area. That part is normally cut off when you trim a board, thus allowing them to be powered separately, but if you don't cut that part off you'll need to separate the hidden layer somehow by cutting into the board. You can look at the GameCube hidden layer info to see exactly where they connect.

If you're trying to use a DOL-101 with the regulator cut off, I think the CPU and GPU are connected farther into the motherboard and I don't know if anyone's ever disconnected them.

Thanks, I understand now. I was poking around with the multimeter and that was a concern that I had come up. Thanks for the reply!

Back