PSP Netfront Browser HiMemory Mod Beta 4

Aguiluz

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2009/05/09/net ... n-support/

This is a modification of the built in PSP internet browser. It "uncaps" Sony's 8MB RAM limit on the built in browser and uses 32MB of Phat RAM and 64MB of Slim RAM. I got it loaded on my Phat and my Bro's Slim and it works very very well. :D

It even loads Flash, however it does not play Flash Sounds. (I can't load Ultimate Fart Soundboard on it. D:)

Aguiluz said:
eurddrue said:
My god. Would it play runescape? (albeit really slowly?)
Runescape is Java, not Flash, so no. Would be nice though.
DAMNATION. Flash is stuff like youtube then? What's the difference between java and flash ???

eurddrue said:
Aguiluz said:
eurddrue said:
My god. Would it play runescape? (albeit really slowly?)
Runescape is Java, not Flash, so no. Would be nice though.
DAMNATION. Flash is stuff like youtube then? What's the difference between java and flash ???
:facepalm:
I'm not much in the mood for this.

Flash is based around Adobe's FlashPlayer.
FlashPlayer comes as a plugin for most all web browsers nowadays.
Most all of your "LOL FREE ONLINE GAMES" are Flash based.
Youtube, Google Video, and many others are Flash based as well.

Java is based around the JavaVM.
The JavaVM also comes as a plugin for most all web browsers.
The JavaVM interprets Java Bytecode.
Essentially, people can write applications in Java, and deploy them online.
While you won't see Java applications nearly as much as Flash, they are overall much more "powerful".
Java is an entire programming language, whereas Flash is based around an authoring tool and a simple scripting language.
Something like Runescape would've been impossible to do in Flash in the past, and even now, while certainly in the realm of possibility, it would still be considerably more difficult in Flash than in Java.

i just got my psp cfw'd and im pretty new to the psp homebrew scene. how would i go about installing this? :o

Back