FS: My epic gaming rig

PalmerTech

Founder of Modretro
Staff member
I am selling it because realistically, I will not be doing much gaming this summer, and I want someone else to get use out of it. :) Built with love and care, everything works flawlessly! Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II Black Edition at 3.1ghz. Since this is the Black Edition version of the CPU, all the multipliers are fully unlocked for very, very easy overclocking. It runs just fine at 3.8ghz! Plus, you can unlock the other two cores to make it a quad core, if you want, the only reason I am at two is because it makes less heat, easier to overclock, and most games can only take advantage of two cores anyways.

RAM: 8gb of DDR3 Corsair RAM at 1600mhz stock, can be pushed to 1800mhz easily. Very, VERY fast RAM, lots of it, and reliable; Corsair has a lifetime warranty.

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 260. This thing is a beast, uses GDDR3 RAM, matches up with the rest of the rig very well. I can max out pretty much any game I want and still get 60+ FPS minimum. :) Runs maxed out Portal at 300fps, which is the limit for the game, not the card!

Mobo: ASUS something or other. I need to go find the link later, but know it is good, has 4 RAM slots, has lots of overclocking options, and even a dedicated "turbo" button to turn on overclocking!

Hard Drive: Seagate 1 terabyte 7200rpm drive with 32mb of cache. Very, very fast, and very quiet to boot.

PSU: Rosewill 750watt. One of the great model ones, very solid, well built, and all the power lines are stable even on max draw.

Wifi is a D-Link WDA 2320. Has great range, and I chose it because it is low latency, good ping times, and never drops packets. Great for online gaming, and everything else.

Optical: Lite-on DVD burner, dual layer, all that. Nothing special, nothing bad.

Case: Modified "Wind Knight" case, 1x light up 120mm fan in the front, two 90mm exhaust fans. I modified it to be an almost entirely open air case, say goodbye to cooling problems! Looks sexy.

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Signature Edition. Legitimate copy, won in the Windows 7 Launch Party sweepstakes.

That is the main rig. Additional accessories that I will sell seperately, or together with the rig for less:

IZ3D 22" monitor. This is a 3D monitor, comes with 3 pairs of glasses. Works with all DirectX based PC games (AKA 99% of them), and yes, that includes emulators like Project64. Playing games in full 3D is AMAZING! I am letting it go because right now, I am messing with head mounted displays, and I am just not doing much PC gaming right now. Really, this thing is absolutely amazing, and I promise you will not regret it.

Mouse: Logitech MX518. Google it up for specs. Really, really nice mouse, high sensitivity, adjustable DPI buttons onboard, and comfortable.

Speakers: I will get the model number later, but they are a nice 2.1 set of LogiTech pro speakers. Bass is powerful, crisp and tight, midrange is warm and lush, and treble is well defined. Many of you know I am audio nut, and i must say, I love these.

Keyboard: Generic logitech keyboard, wired. I am not giving up my normal keyboard, an old HP Media Keyboard. :p

I want to sell this stuff fast, and to a worthy buyer. I may take partial trades.

Rig: $700
IZ3D: $250
Mouse: $35
Keyboard: $5
Speakers:$40

Everything together: $800

Killer deal, you know it. I am obviously not going to scam you, owning the site and all. :p

Anybody interested? Let me know fast, or this thing goes to Craigslist, but I would really prefer for someone here to get it and use it. It's name is Prometheus.

133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

I'll give you a kidney for it. :p
I WANT THIS SOOOOOO BAD! If I had the money I'd buy it.

Why are you selling your iz3d palmer?

I'd expect you'd at least want to keep that...

Palmer, what is happening to you :gonk:

Bump!

DK, I am open to shipping to the UK, seriously! It should not cost all TOO much.

And I am open to trades! If this is not dibs'd by Monday, I will be putting it up on teh ebayz!

i want this. i cant afford it or anything, but i want it. id give you head for it? forever.

Aww, this thread makes me sad.

You were the one who planted the idea in my head to build a gaming computer, and this rig was what I based mine off of. (It turned out significantly different, but whatever, I still have the same processor, at least. And the same mouse.). Now you're selling it.

;_;

Why would you replace the processor? Unless you're moving up to an X6, there's no reason to replace it at all. If you want a quad-core, the other cores have been unlocked in the past and it worked fine as a quad-core.

Alright, my final offer for trade for this or the other gaming pc, but you wated to sell the stuff and could possibly/probably make the same money back that you're selling it for: modded 360, modded xbox with 500 gig hdd, modded ps2, black stratocaster with 50w amp, a sundriver, and my eee pc 900ha with upgraded 2 gig ram

Back