postive and negitive on FC-16 GO

Diminuendo

I finally got my FC-16 Go, the problem is, I can't plug in the charger in my Australian sockets. I've found a replacement connector, but I need to know which contact is positive power and which is negitve on the power jack. any help would be appreciated.

Edit: or is it safe enough to just try both ways?

becaue I have heard storys about how the transformer can't take Australian voltages, and they end up frying the FC-16

no, the replacement I found has an identicle jack on it, but it can have which contact is postive and which is negitive swapped, so I need to know which one is which on the adapter. That or someone could conferm that it's ok to try it both ways and I wont wreck it

well the adapter is going to plug into the wall and take the AC current and turn it into DC current. The positive and negative coming out of the DC side are going to be charge specific. so you could strip both wires, MAKE SURE THEY'RE SEPARATED AND WONT TOUCH EACH OTHER and put it in the wall. Test with a multimeter to see which is the + and which is the -. It's not ok to try it both ways.

Back