Portable Gamecube! My first mod

FYI, I would be more than apt to just add things to the megasticky, if someone else wanted to take the time and just post an updated list, that would make less work, so yeah, there is room for user involvement here!

SS

@ shockslayer, I'm working on a list of links now that i'll post here soon

@pLover what does GCN stand for? Whats the N?

EDIT here I think that's all of them.
Ashen's Gamecube fusions viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6571
Tchay's Ccube viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6280
Ashen's Wiikey gamecube mod viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6466
Abb_Eliten’s GCp viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5835
Technott's Gamecube U with batts viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6265
Technott's Gamecube U viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4489
Gamecubeperson11’s GCp viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4154
Zenloc’s Gcpv1 clone viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3081

Added that stuff to the sticky! Also, lets try to keep this topic, er, on topic about the portable!

Also, googled GCN.

I think it had to do with not confusing the GCN with past game machines. The Neo-Geo Color was abbreviated NGC, so I think they went with GCN.
It's just what nintendo does if you look at the back of Gameboy Advance the offical abbreviation for that is AGB. Same with Gameboy Color, CGB, and the others.
I'm pretty sure the reason it's GCN is because of the way the Japanese language works. Their verb structure/order is completly different than ours, for instance the direct translation of "the ball is under the table" into japanese would read something like "as for the ball, it is under the table." GCN is just a direct translation of their abbreviation. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

SS

Nice first try unicycler17! That external speaker set in one of your photos is the same one I used for my wireless gaming client. Fantastic sound production and the amp pcb was fantastically tiny.

Back