Pocket64 WIP DONE

Re: Pocket64 WIP

I've done a bit of work today. Nothing picture worthy, but this unit is ridiculous. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to fit in all of the necessary parts.

I'll provide an update pic or two once I get the controller. All talk and no pics is lame :p

Here's some measurements to tide you all over:
Length: 5 3/8
Width: 3 7/16
Height: Undetermined. I'm making it as thin as possible :twisted:

The MRTN bros can vouch for the smallness of this ;)

Pics:
So much packed into such a small space:
Zm1qyl.jpeg

Front:
hqtpsl.jpeg

Thickness Thinness:
3wBJTl.jpeg

Cell phone pics FTW.

I've shoved nearly everything I could into the front plate so there'd be minimal space wasted.

FedEx was supposed to deliver my cells today, but they haven't shown up yet. I ruined my last board when I tried to ram swap a rev6. Piggy-backing the ram should have worked, but I may have had a bridge somewhere I couldn't see. That's what I get for trying an idea at 3 am. :p

Shouldn't be too much longer until I can finish this up.

bud said:
Pics:
So much packed into such a small space:
Zm1qyl.jpeg

Front:
hqtpsl.jpeg

Thickness Thinness:
3wBJTl.jpeg

Cell phone pics FTW.

I've shoved nearly everything I could into the front plate so there'd be minimal space wasted.

FedEx was supposed to deliver my cells today, but they haven't shown up yet. I ruined my last board when I tried to ram swap a rev6. Piggy-backing the ram should have worked, but I may have had a bridge somewhere I couldn't see. That's what I get for trying an idea at 3 am. :p

Shouldn't be too much longer until I can finish this up.
That looks really awesome and tiny. What kind of screen is that? The screen mobo doesn't look like one of those ebay 3.5 inch screens.

It is an eBay screen. It wasn't a rear view monitor, but rather a bare LCD and driver. I searched for weeks to find a screen with a tiny driver board, and then I had to wait over a month to get it.

Worth it.

FedEx guy at 8pm ajskdlf;

These cells are super tiny. But, they're the largest capacity that would fit comfortably without me having to skimp on some of my ideas for features. I should get a little under two hours at 2500mah.
I mean that's not too bad considering the size of this unit.

I finalized the thickness, and I painted the back half of the case. The total thickness is going to be 1 1/4 inches :D

Also, gimmie RAM.

It was easy. I cut down the shaft of the GC cap and then drilled the shaft out, which melted the plastic. I stuck my hot plastic cap over the 3DS nub's stick so it formed perfectly. I use my own methods.

I'd like to borrow your portable-in-progress and rub it all over myself. Hopefully some of the awesomeness will rub off on me.

Back