Origin-free Mass Effect 3?

J.D

No Stranger To Love
Origin is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing horrid. Is there an Origin-free version of Mass Effect 3 anywhere in the depths of the internet?

( any direct download links should be directed to jamesmac42(at)gmail.com, wouldn't want anyone getting in trouble ::3: )

I'll probably buy it for 360 unless EA lets Steam have it first (they might by then, I don't plan on getting it any time soon). Generally, if I have to use a service other than or in addition to Steam for a game, I just won't get it.
Like Dirt 2, bought it on Steam, but it needs Games for Windows installed and even then its a pain to get it to work. I have since switched systems, so if I ever want to play it again, I'll just get it for 360.

In my opinion, this could be considered one of the things "killing PC gaming". Steam made a great service, everyone else, deal with it and either use it or just use discs. I don't want to lose my games when your service finally kicks the bucket in 3 years.

GFWL isn't that bad though cause it's mostly just an overlay. Once you sign in from the game you can just ignore it pretty much.

I'm running cracked Mass Effect 3 with no problems. You do not, however, get multiplayer. Not sure how big a disadvantage that is. Search for "RELOADED".

You know, in my opinion EA is incredibly stupid. They want to maximize profits, but they've actually lost my money because of Origin. If Mass Effect 3 was available on Steam or even on disc without Origin, I would have bought it. Probably even the fancy version on launch day. Battlefield 3 I just never bothered with at all.

I know some have argued Steam was the same way in the beginning, but gamers gradually came to accept it. The problem is, Valve doesn't have the same reputation EA does. It doesn't say in Steam's EULA that they will scour your hard drive for personal information and sell it to third parties (not sure if this is even legal). And Steam was kind of the first of it's kind, a pioneer. Any other service also adds something else- an extra process running in the background. With something as invasive as Origin, that could cause all kinds of problems.

For those of you considering buying Mass Effect 3- don't. Not even for consoles. Send EA a message. Don't give them your money.

EA is like a cancer. They ruin everything they touch. Command and Conquer, pretty much *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed. Battlefield 3, haven't played it but some that have say that it could have been a lot better. Mass Effect 3, I can see their taint on the surface. And now they're trying to force PC gamers into their bullflax service.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* EA.

XCVG said:
EA is like a cancer. They ruin everything they touch. Command and Conquer, pretty much *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed..

EA developed the best C&C game in the entire franchise, C&C3.

Kickback said:
XCVG said:
EA is like a cancer. They ruin everything they touch. Command and Conquer, pretty much *PLAQUE'D*..

The Nazi regime designed one of the best machine guns in history. That doesn't make Nazis good.

samjc3 said:
Kickback said:
XCVG said:
EA is like a cancer. They ruin everything they touch. Command and Conquer, pretty much *PLAQUE'D*..

The Nazi regime designed one of the best machine guns in history. That doesn't make Nazis good.

Stupid comparison. EA bought out Westwood, took their franchise and made the best game in the series.

This doesn't make EA good people, it makes them good developers.

Kickback said:
This doesn't make EA good people, it makes them good developers.
EA is completely mediocre at development, at absolute best. The only reason their games arent complete flax 100% of the time is because they utilize most of the talent from the studios they buy out, and simply impose draconian restrictions on doing new and different things. And in the rare few cases where they have allowed a developer to try something neat, they tend to kibosh the development timetable, and make the devs get it done in 6 months.

Except for that one time that they made a good C&C game, C&C3. EA own & control so many development studios that a large portion of their games are far more than just average. It just happens they push out of alot of annual titles that don't have the development time they require, and alot of developers that don't get the time and help they need to realise their ideas (DICE being the most promiment of them)

Dead Space is EA and it's a great game.

The vast majority of EA titles are flax. They are capable of putting out good titles, but near as I can tell they only do it by accident. Developers that are bought by them made considerably better games before being bought. And developers that aren't (owned by) them have a far far far greater likelihood of making good games.

And they really Playstationize sequels. If the first was successful, you can bet that the sequel will be dumbed down, with added "features" like cloned multiplayer, pathetic writing, no technical advancement, generally simplified gameplay and unhappiness.

samjc3 said:
And they really Playstationize sequels. If the first was successful, you can bet that the sequel will be dumbed down, with added "features" like cloned multiplayer, pathetic writing, no technical advancement, generally simplified gameplay and unhappiness.

Hmm, no idea what game you're talking about :p

To be honest, a lot of publishers seem to hate their developers. Activision is not much better than EA nowadays, but at least they don't insist on draconian DRM schemes. Ubisoft, on the other hand...

XCVG said:
samjc3 said:

Hmm, no idea what game you're talking about :p

To be honest, a lot of publishers seem to hate their developers. Activision is not much better than EA nowadays, but at least they don't insist on draconian DRM schemes. Ubisoft, on the other hand...
Activision was worse than EA for a long time, buddy boy.
kotick.jpg

Back