Official Wiikey Fusion to GC MOD troubleshooting thread!

Any chance there will be an update with enchantments for the cube?
Some people said they contacted them, but I can't seem to find any contact form on wiikey.cn ...
Or maybe we could hack the update ISO to get the 'FLASHERz.dol' with infacts method then decompile the dol with IDA and then modify the code
with a hex editor? :dah:

So i have everything wired up and i can get to the gc menu and my wiikey light comes on, but the game loading menu shows a question mark. I think the wiikey just needs updated, but how would i do that? I dont have a wii

DcMc said:
So i have everything wired up and i can get to the gc menu and my wiikey light comes on, but the game loading menu shows a question mark. I think the wiikey just needs updated, but how would i do that? I dont have a wii
It's not a matter of updating...
Have you left the Disc Drive port?

Do you have the switch on the system for disc lid.

If it's just a question mark and you're not getting an error at all, and the reading disc message isn't flashing then the most likely I'd say is the lid switch was left open.

Having wiikey probs. Plugged it into the adapter board. LED comes on. Error. *PLINK*.
Help.
Also I made a new thread because apparently people don't read my thread.

Pics.
IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2060-1.jpg

Is the region switch set correctly on the chip? Pic is to blurry so I cant tell.

You expect to pass with a soldering job like that? :p

Try adjusting your ribbon cable on the breakout board, I know it can seem like it's all the way to the right but sometimes it's actually not, trust me.

SS

ok slid it over as much as possible. now it just says reading disk......NO ERROR.*Can'tSayThisOnTV*.

Post a video. If it keeps flashing the reading disc message, just keep pressing the button till it recognizes "gc-linux."

Speaking of which, I noticed that I had to press the button more often or at the right timing with this mobo more than I had to with my last one...

SS

Been experimenting with it.....No luck.....So far. Im thinking that its on IPL 1.0....I REALY HOPPE ITS NOT>_>>>>>
If I just can't get it to work, Ill post a vid. :cry4:

is there an SD card inserted in the reader? if you haven't updated your wiikey to v 1.5 you need to have a card inserted for it to work and the card can only have the wiikey update on it. if you have GC games on it it wont recognize anything on the card till you update it.

Rev A. Color?HMmmmmmmmm.Looks purple-ish.

EDIT:Ashen:I connected it to my wii and then updated to 1.5 yesterday.
EDIT2:INTERESTINGLY when I kind of tinker with the FFC cable the blue LED light shines.If I let go it goes away.WTF.

Back