New Voltage Regulator- GC Power Solution

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... ts_id=9275

Perhaps this is the answer to our Gamecube power woes?

It's got a lot going for it:
1. Wide and low input range.
2. Six amps of power.
3. Variable voltage up to 5.5V.
4. Relatively cheap, readily availible.

Someone who's awesome, buy one and try it! Then again, it probably has an achillies heel somewhere.

Dayum. :mrgreen:

Awesome find! Someone needs to try it now. ;)

Heck, this would be useful for ANY portable! Just put our standard 7.4v into it, and we can have 12v, 5v, whatever we need! :mrgreen:

Als, Taiben: The GC needs a 12v line that can be run off 7.4v fine, and a 3.3v line, but the 1.9v line draws a BUNCH of amps, most of our regulators melt. :lol: So, use a TI reg for 3.3, a straight battery connection for the 12v, and this new thing for the 1.9v line. I think that is how it goes, anyways, SS will know more than me. ;)

PalmerTech said:
So, use 2 TI regs for 3.43v and 5v, a straight battery connection for the 12v, and this new thing for the 1.9v line. I think that is how it goes, anyways, SS will know more than me. ;)
Fix'd

SS

bacteria said:
...or just use an 11v battery and use the original GC board to get all the voltages. I presume if you did that and used a 7808 you could get 8v and thereby power the PSone screen ok?

Exactly how i did it.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
PalmerTech said:
So, use 2 TI regs for 3.43v and 5v, a straight battery connection for the 12v, and this new thing for the 1.9v line. I think that is how it goes, anyways, SS will know more than me. ;)
Fix'd

Why use a TI reg to get it down to 5v when you can just run it off of the direct 7.4v battery connection?

Back