New gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid, overpriced, not well thought out.

Also, HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE graphics card for gaming.
Try research next time, not "Sort by Price".

My final rating: Piece of flax for the Price of a Car.

You put together a pointless list for a computer you know you cannot build, and felt the need to share it in the form of a spammy thread.

Thanks for everything you contribute SP, truly, thank you.

EXACTLY

but not really.

I was thinking it would turn into a discussion about how quickly computers become obsolete etc.

But it didn't.

Oh well.

Also, you changed your avatar. The old one wasn't as good as this one methinks.

Yes, it does.

This thread, or at least the first post in it, is a wonderful example of how overpriced things can be. I mean, a Core i7 for $1000? What makes it so much better than a $250 Core i7, or a $100 Phenom II X2, for that matter? (Aside from being a quad-core in the case of the Phenom, though that's easily remedied.)

Twilight Wolf said:
Yes, it does.

This thread, or at least the first post in it, is a wonderful example of how overpriced things can be. I mean, a Core i7 for $1000? What makes it so much better than a $250 Core i7, or a $100 Phenom II X2, for that matter? (Aside from being a quad-core in the case of the Phenom, though that's easily remedied.)

Honestly now, how much do you know about CPUs? Okay, $1000 is a little much, but it's way better than a Phenom II X2. Well, I guess if it really can be turned into a quad core that would narrow the gap a lot.

Also, don't mean to come across like a jerk, it's late here and I'm tired.

snowpenguin said:
Phenom 2 X2 has two locked cores which can be unlocked.

This. It's not 100% guaranteed, though, because occasionally one of the disabled cores is actually defective, and you have to have a motherboard with the right southbridge chipset. However, the unlocking potential is one of the reasons I like the Phenom II and decided to buy one.

Now, comparing the specs between a $1000 Core i7, a $280 Core i7, a Phenom II X2, and a Phenom II X4, all stock:

$1000 i7: Quad-core, 3.33GHz. 8MB L3 cache.
$280 i7: Quad-core, 2.8GHz. 8MB L3 cache.
$99 Phenom II X2: Dual-core, 3.1GHz, 6MB L3 cache.
$189 Phenom II X4: Quad-core, 3.4GHz, 6MB L3 cache.

Unless there's some massive differences I don't see aside from the caches, it looks to me like there's no reason for such a huge price difference between the two i7s or even the Phenom IIs. Anyone care to educate me?

Core i7 and Phenom have different microarchitectures. However, I admit the gap is a lot smaller than it used to be. AMD knows they can't compete in the high end and prices accordingly. Out of those CPUs the $280 i7 is probably the best deal, and Intel seems to have some cheaper processors coming.

Nice one, I need it, Its just like a gaming console at PC. And this configurations have good capability, That I can play and enjoy the all my favourites games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back