N64p kit discussion (Split)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eurddrue said:
I didn't read the whole thread, but I read enough after the first few pages. what the *PLAQUE* happened modretro? this is no longer the safe, helpful website that was supposed to "coexist" with banheck. I haven't been around enough lately to offer any real advice, but what the *PLAQUE*. this whole thread is full of butthurt. sometimes people just outgrow stuff. Maybe you should walk SS, the way you're acting, it would benefit the community.
Drue why don't you go and read the "Modretro" Thread in the Finished projects section, before you post this.

why2.png

Ok, wow, this thread exploded and I 100% missed it.

If it's, uh... still relevant, I think this dude with the kits is doing a good job at what he's planning on doing - making an easy kit. Motherboard cutting is laughably easy, true, but I wouldn't trust any random chump with it. I can hardly trust a random chump in correctly selecting the bit with which they will open their N64, let alone properly remove the heatsinks. Why?

If you're making a mass-marketed product, you must make little to no assumptions about the capabilities of your customer. You need to hold their hand.

No, not even.

You need to hire a very short person, hold their hand, then have the short person hold your customer's hand. And have them wear water-wing floaty thingies. Just in case.

Criticizing the case he made is kind of a moot point concerning how decent his portable kit's case will be - this was made by hand, obviously the kit won't be. Whatever.

Not a fan of the LCD size, but give him credit - He used a 4::3: screen. Major props for that. I'd give him a pizza trophy if I had the means.

Now about all this wishy-washy nice stuff. Constructive criticism is great. People need to be thick skinned about it, though, especially in written form, when almost expressions of tone are stripped out of our rhetoric, leaving us to contextual implications.

If someone is starkly stating their problems with a project or portable, it's not the same thing as "just being a dick". Calling it stupid is, and that's unnecessary, but still, keep in mind that (unless the person is truly a dick), one makes these criticisms because they care about the outcome of projects. To get mad at an uncut motherboard is to show that future ones would benefit from it, and while we can't expect people's first things to be perfect we can expect improvements based on what we've learned so they do not have to re-learn it.

Don't leave SS, cmon.

This is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing stupid. Just *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing stupid.

I love SS as much as the next guy. But if he's going to go around asking palmer to "hand over the reigns" and flax. That's not the cool SS we all know.

The only thing I can say here is that I'm horridly sorry for not being in this thread, as I believe I could have made some kind of difference.

When this whole thread first started, I decided to stay away because I didn't like how people were treating this poor guy (great admin I am, huh?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back