Imageshack Images

bentendo64

As outlined by the below thread, Imageshack has been deleting images and it's stupid, so you should probably make a backup if you don't have your pictures still.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14552

I can tell you how to do this, assuming you have wget installed.

The first thing you need is the direct links to your pictures. Go to your Imageshack page, and click "ALL IMAGES" on the left side. Then, on the right side, click the button that says "Select ALL".

8ErAUAl.jpg

Then click the button with the "chain links" image on it to get your links.

You need the direct links instead of the dumb Imageshack links, so fix that. Also, change the size to full-size, so you get the actual size of your images.

Cg4zsoI.jpg

FDDDxrc.jpg

So then you copy all of those links into a text document. You may have multiple pages of images, and in that case you'll have to do this for every page of images.

Once that is done, add "wget" to the top of the text file. It doesn't matter if it's on its own line or not.

After that, you need to replace all of the line breaks with spaces. I used vim. In regular mode, type ":%s/\n/ /g" and hit enter. I don't know how to do this in other text editors. Maybe you could copy it all into Word and do it or something? Anyway, once that's done, save the text file. If you're in Windows, you may need it to be a .bat file for it to work. I dunno how that works.

Finally, you need to run the file. If you're on a Unix system, you probably need to make it executable by running "chmod +x yourfile.extension". Then, just run it in the folder you want your images downloaded to.

"./yourfile.extension"

In windows, run "cmd". "cd" to the directory your text (batch) file is in and where you want your pictures. Then I think you just run "yourfile.bat". Someone correct me if that's wrong.

Anyway, that will download all of your images, assuming Imageshack hasn't deleted them yet. I think only like half of mine made it. This process is probably way more complicated than it needs to be, but it's what I could come up with in just a few minutes.

Back