N64Mini v2 - Commission

LOCtronicz

Formerly known as zenloc
Here is my completed N64Mini v2. It's slightly different than my first one. It's a bit wider and a bit less tall. Thickness is also less due to the cartridge beeing flush with the back.

11vpkcg.jpg

xf0oqb.jpg

ivb8ra.jpg

25iqhhy.jpg

33mbf9x.jpg

Dimensions: 21cmx11cmx5cm
Specs:
Brightness and volume controlls
4 LED modded psone screen
4 to 5 hours battery life (4x 18650 li-ion cells)
Full n64 hori controller (double z buttons) + gamecube analog stick (third party)
Smaller speakers
av and headphone out
power and charge jack
3 way power switch (able to charge batteries and play via psone adapter at the same time)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWuQ6gQvtt8

Some pics of my work:
2wdziva.jpg

2gxqrtt.jpg

ej93yw.jpg

3008t1u.jpg

augxn8.jpg

10gbmea.jpg

Oh, wow. That is some beautiful work man. Good Job!

Heck, I was just talking about the N64 Mini with Beta. This thing is loads better! I love it!

If I had to classify one N64p as the perfect N64p (for me, anyway), this would be it. Absolutely incredible.

Thanks!

@ Jidan: If you need any info or insight just let me know what you want to know. What I do to make my portables that small is sacrifice a little bit of thickness to get it smaller. Many portable are thinner than mine but much bigger. Also there are smaller ones but they have half of my battery life. So you can't really compare them. I mean I could make a very tiny portable with it powering for 2 hours but then it wouln't really be a very usefull portable would it now.

I do plan on making a tiny64. Which will be as small as I can get it with psp like controls, a 3.5" screen and be run of 3.7v but we shall see if battery life will be worth it once I get it running of 3.7v

I love it :)

So I'm guessing those are like 2500mAh - 18650's ?

But I still don't get the 4-5 hour battery life ?

N64 with expansion pak is 1.2A, modded screen is 400mA. For a total of 1.6A. 5000mAh/1.6A is 3.125 hours?

Or did I totally botch my adding ?

I love this! The integrated cart-slot is a bit of a pain, as it made the thing much thicker, but it still looks great. The start button looks a bit odd/ out of place, though.

ShockSlayer said:
I like it! Wondering what you did there with the screen, chopping off pieces and relocating them looks fun.

SS

Man wouldn't it be easier if we had a 5" screen with audio that had a smaller board..... LOL

hailrazer said:
ShockSlayer said:
I like it! Wondering what you did there with the screen, chopping off pieces and relocating them looks fun.

SS

Man wouldn't it be easier if we had a 5" screen with audio that had a smaller board..... LOL

True indeed. Some magic company needs to make us some! :p

SS

It's not hard to buy or build an audio amp, and we have those screens at alibaba with tiny boards that we can use.

Yes but the psone screen is still very good. Almost perfect, as long as you can shrink the board. Quality amp, headphones jack, digital volume and contrast buttons, led modable, big screen, and it comes with a power plug and jack.

So zenloc just has to share and it's the perfect screen. (well perfect with some work)

bentomo said:
Yes but the psone screen is still very good. Almost perfect, as long as you can shrink the board. Quality amp, headphones jack, digital volume and contrast buttons, led modable, big screen, and it comes with a power plug and jack.

So zenloc just has to share and it's the perfect screen. (well perfect with some work)

The way he had the board in this (I think) has the composite video section removed, making it limited to RGB. That is, if he cut it like the GC mini's screen. Shouldn't be too difficult to rewire the composite circuit, though...

Back