My W.I.P. for the Super NintendoBoy

Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
B_M-Don't backseat moderate.

Paradox :eek:
I wasn't. Thats like saying I'm trying to be a cop when I tell someone not to murder somebody. :rolleyes:
Don't do cop's job. :dahroll:

Anyway, I changed the 10ohm resistor to a 22ohm resistor. Should it work, now?

Also, I may have found the problem: The orange transformer, or whatever it was at the top is gone, because the book said to take it out. DO you need that when plugging it up to wall power? Because I plugged it in, with the orange thing gone.

pLover said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
B_M-Don't backseat moderate.

Paradox :eek:
I wasn't. Thats like saying I'm trying to be a cop when I tell someone not to murder somebody. :rolleyes:
Don't do cop's job. :dahroll:

Anyway, I changed the 10ohm resistor to a 22ohm resistor. Should it work, now?

Also, I may have found the problem: The orange transformer, or whatever it was at the top is gone, because the book said to take it out. DO you need that when plugging it up to wall power? Because I plugged it in, with the orange thing gone.
No. all that thing did was run the CCFL backlight. Now that its LED modded, it is not, nor will it ever again, be needed.

Alright. But I still don't have an answer as to why the PSone screen won't work.

Just a small update. I haven't post in a while, so...

• I shipped out my screen to get repaired, so I'm hoping it CAN be fixed.

• I've wired MOST of the controller, I got the part with A/B/X/Y/Select/Start all done (I think) and the D-Pad side isn't complete. It turns out, the NES controller I ordered was third-party, even though the seller said it was first-party. It didn't have an IC, so I have to get another. That's a setback.

• I was able to FINALLY find engraving plastic, but still no good wood or aluminum, unfortunately. The engraving place offered to make the case from the .pdf, so I don't need to worry about messing up on the case. I can't afford to mess that up, so it's great that they can do that.

• I found this one place that someone recommended to me, and they should have the right wood and aluminum. Unfortunately it's pretty far from my house, so I probably won't get there for a while, but it's there for when I'll need it.

• I'm thinking of adding a two-player port. It doesn't sound too hard, so, why not? Or is this too ambitious for my first project?

• And lastly, I think I'm actually pretty close to finishing it. I hope to have it done fairly soon. I hope in a few weeks, but I've been getting loaded with schoolwork, AND I've been sick, so there's MORE schoolwork. But yeah, the project is going well.

Also, can someone tell me what the basic principle of the controller wiring is? Because on my next project, I don't want to have the same button layout, but I don't know how to improvise the wiring and keep it working.

Anyways, that's about it.

Lol, I'm not surprised. I'm shipping it tomorrow. Maybe I already shipped it. This late at night (well, technically this early in the morning) I honestly can't remember! :lol:

Major updates:

The case is being cut by a CNC machine in a trophy shop. My mom didn't want me to deal with all the "stress" of cutting the plates by hand, so she offered to pay the money for the guys at the shop to cut the plates. So that's good because the case plates are done MUCH quicker, they're VERY professional looking, and I don't lose any extra money on it.

I finally got the screen shipped to Agelfraster, and I'm REALLY hoping he'll be able to fix it.

So, assuming these both go as I'm hoping they will, all that will be left will be to get the NES IC, finish the controller wiring, and hook it up to the SNES.

Then, all I'll need to do it glue in the screwposts, bend the aluminum around the system, build the battery case, and screw it all together, and then I should (hopefully) have a working SNESp!

I made it sound a lot shorter than it is, though. It should take maybe two months or so. I'm only in eighth grade, but we get too much homework to do in one night, let alone do the homework AND work on my portable.

I'm not QUIIIITE so sure about that. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that...

...I dunno, just wait 'till you see the screen.

Good news! The CNC shop finished cutting the plates! :D

Bad news! The PSone screen's ribbon cable ripped while shipping to Argelflaster! :cry4:

Good news! We had the PSone screen ensured for $100! :D

Bad news! I don't have a PSone screen! :cry4:

Good news! I know where to find them for $30 a piece! :D

All in all, this is pretty awesome. :)

If it were a scam, we would have told you to save the packaging before we sent you the screen.

Besides, I have pictures of the unit right before I shipped it, and the ribbon cable is fine, so unless you ripped it when you opened it from the box, then it's the fault of whoever delivered it to you.

Alright, still no good priced PSone screens I can find. :cry4:

But I do have some great news! The trophy shop finished cutting the plates, saving me a TON of time and stress. I took a few pictures, and they're uploading. I'll get them up ASAP, probably within the next few minutes.

A bunch of pictures of the plates. Yes, I replaced the giant speaker holes filled by mesh with perf holes, which I think looks MUCHA better than Ben's design. They're a metallic gray color, and looking VERY awesome!

EDIT: Alright, so none of the image uploaders I'm trying are working right now, so I'll just edit this post again once they work. /EDIT

So, here are some pictures of the plates:

11kghs4.jpg

Front and back plates

30cnhow.jpg

Front and back plates again

5n5fgo.jpg

Here I used electric tape and temporarily taped all of the buttons into their proper holes to see what it looks like.
It looks pretty awesome, if I do say so myself. I've already modified the start/select buttons.

Anyways, as you can tell in the pictures, the corners were a little bit rough, but I scraped them down and now the plates look 100% perfect! If I can get the walling to look professional, this will look corporate-manufactured! I can't wait, if I get a NES IC and a PSone screen soon, I should be done in a few weeks! In time to get a bunch of SNES game for Christmas!

Back