My W.I.P. for the Super NintendoBoy

wow, I can't believe you did the LED mod by yourself or without looking up how to do it. I mean you are having troubles just solder a wire to bridge the power connection.

It's called Hacking VIdeo Game Consoles.

I can't believe you'd say that when you obviously had no idea what you were talking about, considering I show the book in the worklog, I posted about 4 questions about the book, and even quoted the book, a few times.

Next time, I'd appreciate it if you didn't say something like that before knowing if it were true, or not.

I am sorry but, the book is very old and out dated. You can ask any one. They are old methods, which we have newer ones that are far better. That why the book said use a paper clip. Don't use the book for all the details use it as a reference.

If you have the book you should know how to bridge two pins. If you can't do that using the book then don't attept something far harder like LED moding a screen.

I probabl shouldn't be talking a great deal, but I do think this is within my limit.

Don't talk to me like I'm retarded. I know how to bridge pins, what I didn't know was if the wrong wires would short it out.

I realize that some of the techniques are outdated, but what you seem to fail to realize is that some people don't have the time to wait around on a forum all day for step-by-step detailed instructions on how to LED mod a screen.

And just stop, I don't want to get in an argument. (More of one, that is.)

All wires are the same. They are all made out of copper or some form of metal. So, there are no wires that would short it out. The only way you can short something out is if you bride those pins and that wire is touching something else. Like when you relocate the cartidge slot.

pLover said:
Don't talk to me like I'm retarded. I know how to bridge pins, what I didn't know was if the wrong wires would short it out.

I realize that some of the techniques are outdated, but what you seem to fail to realize is that some people don't have the time to wait around on a forum all day for step-by-step detailed instructions on how to LED mod a screen.

And just stop, I don't want to get in an argument. (More of one, that is.)
You started it, as you have a poor attitude.

Please explain to me how this

designer noob said:
wow, I can't believe you did the LED mod by yourself or without looking up how to do it. I mean you are having troubles just solder a wire to bridge the power connection.

isn't starting it. It had nothing to do with the subject at hand, and it wasn't true. I addressed it by defending myself. Defense ≠ offense.

Now let's just get back on topic.

lol, yeah I kind of starting it first, But, just stating the obvious though. That was my bad.

Back on topic: wait for people to confirm on how to do the LED mod.

It's ok, I don't care, anymore. I easily forgive people. :dah:

But yeah. Palmer said that he knew what was wrong. Too bad he told everyone else to tell me when no one else knows the problem.

If you used the book to LED mod the screen, you should know that a 10ohm resistor is not enough. Use something like a 22ohm. A 10ohm will make your LED's burn out over time.

But the book says to use a 10 ohm.

...My head hurts. So is the resistor the only problem? I just need a 22 ohm resistor, and then the screen will turn on, and the LEDs will light up?

I know it means 10,000, but what I didn't know is if it meant it could handle more, so bigger was always better. Obviously, given the answer, that' not the case. Thanks.

10,000 means it will drop the voltage down more than 10v. On the N64 you use 2k resistors on a pth0800 regulator to drop the voltage down from like 5.? to 3.3.

Basement_Modder said:
If you used the book to LED mod the screen, you should know that a 10ohm resistor is not enough. Use something like a 22ohm. A 10ohm will make your LED's burn out over time.

For the fourth time I am writing this because the internet sucks here, but from what the message says above the LEDS should still work, but since the resistors are to low slowly the voltage burns the LED, since to much is getting to them. IF the LED don't work then it is wrongly hooked.

A while back you made a diagram that showed us how you hooked it up and I never looked at it, but I did today and it seems like you already have it hooked up to the regulator. If its already hooked up to the regulator and if its not working then you have a bigger problem.

I would hook up the power wire before the reistor to the regulator 5v output and then see if it works, but since it seems like you have already one that. You will have to bridge PS1 on your screen, which is the fuse.

The book says to use a 10ohm resistor because ben was unaware at the time of writing it that that was too low. If you use a 22ohm resistor, your LED's will not burn out over time. If you use a 10ohm, the LED's will burn out eventually.

Back