My W.I.P. for the Super NintendoBoy

Here I might as well post this here. It is a diagram that might help you for making the controller part. I made it because I couldn't follow ben's to save my life.
2s7whsg.png

For your second issue. Those two things sticking out you can cut off with hacksaw, dremel, etc. Those are the two points that you bridge to make it always on.

If those are what I bridge, why would I cut them off? or should I just cut the top parts off, and bridge the long pieces?

Also, they're pretty flimsy. I think they'll break with a hacksaw.

pLover said:
If those are what I bridge, why would I cut them off? or should I just cut the top parts off, and bridge the long pieces?

Yeah, just cut off of the top part, and solder them together. You don't need to, but with that logic why remove the switch.

pLover said:
Also, they're pretty flimsy. I think they'll break with a hacksaw.

I was just giving an idea. Desoldering would work. When I worked with the snes I cut of the pieces and just bridged them.

Ok, I snipped the pieces. I edited the first post to double check to make sure I've got it right.

Just jump the points, it's not hard, just solder them together. No offense but if you can't do that then you shouldn't be portabilizing.

That's not it. I know how to do that. (I'm trying to figure out how to get it right with only two hands, but I know how to do it. Just solder standard wire [wait, is it standard wire, or a one-strand of ribbon cable?] between the spots.)

What I wanted to check was that I clipped the things right, before jumping them.

lol, dude its not complicated like you think. Just take a wire. Strip the end so, there is about 1/4 inch of copper wire solder one end of the wire to one hole and the other end to the other hole.

But should I use ribbon cable, or standard wire. If I only need one piece of ribbon cable, I don't want to go to the trouble of using a standard wire. My strippers suck, so I want to avoid using them on thicker things as much as possible.

Any thing works it just as to be something conductive. Use what ever you want. What is most confiniate for you. Only the first wire out of the batteries matters, which has to be something a little bigger than standard which is like 22 guage.

Ok, thanks!

EDIT: Wait a minute, I just want to be really careful, so please just answer this: the power things are the right size, right?

lol, its fine. On my first portable I was just like this. You can use standard wire or any ribbon cable wire for everything switches, soldering on the board, screen wires, and screen power.

The only wire that has to be non standard like 18 guage are the first wires coming from the battery. Meaning the first positive and negative wire coming form the battery. I am not 100% sure about this next part, but its to make sure that you are getting your full voltage and your max current, which is MAh that can come out of your battery.

Thanks, I needed that information later. I was going to ask it soon, but my question for right now was if those prong-like things that I need to jump are the right size.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT SIZE THEY ARE! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SOLDER A PIECE OF WIRE ACROSS THEM!

Well excuse me for asking an question that was previously unanswered.

pLover said:
Well excuse me for asking an question that was previously unanswered.

It was unanswered because it's blatently obvious. Just guestimate, then bend them towards each other and solder. Or desolder and bridge it with a wire. Or don't desolder and bridge it with a wire. There's plenty of ways to do this, and all are fairly obvious.

Sorry to be rude, but I get frustrated easily. There's a reason I have no friends you know. :dah:

Back