Modsoft64 - Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modsoft

So I have finished my portable N64 project. After many hours, a fried board, 2 relocations, and other problems I didn't plan for, I am happy to give it a 'complete' title!

I have made a slideshow video of pictures taken throughout the build process, and a demo video with gameplay will be up soon.

Complete build log here: http://moddedbybacteria.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=121

DSC_0905.jpg

DSC_0902.jpg

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

DSC_0913.jpg

I want to thank all members of the moddedbybacteria forums, as it has been really easy to get help there. Also please comment or ask questions!

I want to thank all members of the moddedbybacteria forums, as it has been really easy to get help here.

This is ModRetro, not "moddedbybacteria." But yeah, it's easier to get help here.

Also, the tape is an absolute travesty.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
I want to thank all members of the moddedbybacteria forums, as it has been really easy to get help here.

This is ModRetro, not "moddedbybacteria." But yeah, it's easier to get help here.

Also, the tape is an absolute travesty.

SS

I took the post from one I made on MBB, so I just added a 't', and now it's fixed :rolleyes:

Also, I will replace the tape with electrical tape, or self-bonding silicone strips when I get some. Ha, I get more comments about the tape... countless hours on the system, 5 minutes for putting tape on, and the tape is the most commented item :confused:. Didn't seem as big of a deal to me

Bush said:
Good work
Thanks
Bush said:
Bacteria zombie talk.
I don't want to get involved with any of these 'cross site' antagonisms :rolleyes:
I lurk the major modding forums (including this one a bit), and posted my worklog on MBB as per a few specific members, which I wanted to mention.

Sorry, I'm just kidding. There's an awful lot of noobs who worship bacteria, and also act like they are "minions"/"followers"/"zombies." I can see you are not a noob, however, and the tape doesn't bother me much; it's still sexy.

The tape bothers me a lot. If you're going to spend "countless hours" on the system, why would you stop short of finishing it right?

Yeah, it does seem pretty silly to do such a beautiful case and then just huck tape on it. But you have the greatest sig ever, so I can forgive that.

Anywho, its really good aside from that tape.

I used black tape because it was all I had at the time, but I did measure it and spend a bit of time cutting it. It is exactly the same width all the way around, and it is one solid piece. I was hoping it would create a finer 'line'.

I will wait to put a silicone strip around it before I make another video. The tape covers up the un-painted adhesive, so something is required to put over it...

Yeah, I know...

It's the curves on the case that made it like that. Like I said, I will change it once I get something better.

Eh, it's okay, I guess. Aw, Heck, it's pretty good. Relatively nice looking despite the tape.

Modsoft said:
Yeah, I know...

It's the curves on the case that made it like that. Like I said, I will change it once I get something better.
The curves are kinda messed up too.

It's his first portable guys, c'mon. By those standards, he's done very well.

Congrats, Modsoft! What system will you portablize next? (If you enjoyed it enough to continue.

You used Crackteria's case, which he has used over 9000 times -_-

Nevertheless, pretty good. I love your avatar of Legion.

It's large, a generic design and the tape is an eyesore, but other than the tape it is very nice looking, and the effort you put into it is notable. Good job. It came out well, it's working, and looks better than many many many portables I have seen. Plus it's more than I've made, so goooood job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back