Mega Drive v6 Bridging

So basically since I am a really big noob I absolutely cannot bridge the pins from the megadrive board to the filters does anyone have any tips

Make sure your iron isn't too hot. If it's too hot all the solder will ball up on the tip. If it's a little cooler than normal bridging is much easier because it's not trying to ball up onto the iron as fast.

I have had the same issue, talked to mega and he suggested using an iron at around 440-470 Fahrenheit. Still not completely clear on the technique, if there is any. Maybe I'm overcomiplicating things

I ran jumpers between the filters and the v6. Didn't take very long at all. Works great now! Just do it!
IMG_4948.jpg

kyal16 said:
I have had the same issue, talked to mega and he suggested using an iron at around 440-470 Fahrenheit. Still not completely clear on the technique, if there is any. Maybe I'm overcomiplicating things
I take it that heating my iron to 700 wasn't a good idea.

I'm have no clue how bad that would be, Mega just said that around 430 is enough to melt the solder but keep it solid enough to bridge the connections. I just used wire between the Megadrive and the filters, nothing really worked for me to bridge the connections

ill make a video of soldering this...
check out my twitter in a few hours for live link and ill also repost the replay here...

Don't want to hijack the thread or anything but didn't want to start another wasp one. Just wanted to ask mega, I have my wasp wired and everything worked before, but now the led doesn't turn on at all and in the menu the GC says it can't read disk. Is the Wasp fried?

kyal16 said:
Don't want to hijack the thread or anything but didn't want to start another wasp one. Just wanted to ask mega, I have my wasp wired and everything worked before, but now the led doesn't turn on at all and in the menu the GC says it can't read disk. Is the Wasp fried?
Have you removed the SD card? If so, that's the problem. If not, check your connections (also check the SD slot FFC)

Okay thanks I'll check tomorrow. Just wanted to make sure before going ahead and buying another
EDIT: I do have a FAT32 SD card in, it was confirmed working but I had to tidy up wires and ended up removing some lol

Back