Loip90876's "lux 65"(luxury 65)

loip90876

So far: Tools, supplies, etc.:
Yet to get: Dremel, ps1 or ps2 zenith screen, "Nintendo Screws" screwdriver, batteries & charger., glue, AG-43 case.

Tools that I have: knife for cutting un-needed boarding on N64 board, a toolbox, N64, N64 controller, pack thing for use of the 64 at all.(It's black but not an expansion pack)

Putting it together: I'm currently unscrewing the controller(thank god it's normal screws)
It's pretty hard to do considering how ancient my N64 controllers are, because the screws are stuck there EXTREMELY tight, I like the classic handle better than the one I have.

Cost of supplies & everything: $20-$120

Total progress: :sweat: 13%(I'm starting on the easier things before I try to get the things that I would need to buy like a screen, or if someone is nice enough to lend one, I will repay them by the time this thing is sold= 1-4 months hopefully)

I will be editing this one post to state my progress, rather than making multiple posts.

I have a camera finally, so I can take pictures and videos of my progress, updates, tests, etc.

My camera is acting retarded so I can't get any pictures in till a bit of a while.

Your sig is longer than your post. I don't mind it, even on an iPhone screen; but some people might have other opinions...

Looking forward to your progress!

First, shouldn't it be the "lux 64"? Second, please don't just put all the updates in the first post. Most people immediately go to the last page and wonder why there's no updates, and the first post becomes a mile long. Although maybe it'll work out okay.

Also, I hate that super long sig.

XCVG said:
;)

also, good luck. its nice to see people taking initiative with portables (even though you havent actually done anything yet. ;)

when I made my sig I didn't know it would be so long, but anyway, I changed it to like a 3 line sig. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

XCVG said:
First, shouldn't it be the "lux 64"? Second, please don't just put all the updates in the first post. Most people immediately go to the last page and wonder why there's no updates, and the first post becomes a mile long. Although maybe it'll work out okay.

If I make alot of posts and there are lots of pages of posts on my thread, then it would be eaier to find it, now I'll make posts for what I do to make the portable, just my overall progress is in the first post.

XCVG said:
Second, please don't just put all the updates in the first post. Most people immediately go to the last page and wonder why there's no updates, and the first post becomes a mile long. Although maybe it'll work out okay.

Funny, I have the opposite opinion. :p
As for the name, I would recommend against naming your console without it being at least planned out. I want a picture. Come on!

Jewjo said:
XCVG said:
Second, please don't just put all the updates in the first post. Most people immediately go to the last page and wonder why there's no updates, and the first post becomes a mile long. Although maybe it'll work out okay.

Funny, I have the opposite opinion. :p
As for the name, I would recommend against naming your console without it being at least planned out. I want a picture. Come on!

I have it planned out when it comes to what to use, but... oh.... I feel retarded for saying this.... but I don't know how to add pictures to posts. This post is old news, I know how to add pictures to posts now.....

Host them offsite, like on tinypic.
Then copy the

You'd have to use a step down regulator for the sceen as it takes a maximum off 8.5V. Much easier to use 7.2V batteries.

I don't know if I could design a less comfortable case if I wanted to. Also, how can you make a diagram when you don't know the sizes of ANYTHING that's in it? Also, do you know HOW MUCH open space there would be in a case that shape?

I could probably design an uglier, more uncomfortable case, but only if I tried. If you're anything like me, however, the final result will probably look a lot different. Yeah, I suck at drawing. Especially to scale.

Back