Bens UAcade!

The name is a work in progress.
It stands for Ultimate Arcade.
It was supposed to say Ucade not Uacade but a mistake is a mistake.
Im making my first gamecube portable and im really exited. I dont have anything to really show yet so im just gonna list my plans and details about the project. I think having a project work log thread will keep me of stopping half way.

Parts i currently own:
5 broken gc mobos. I can fix like 2 of them when the new clock crystal arrives.
Tools( soldering station and basic cutting and stripping tools . )
A finished basic battery pack. It will probably hold for a year before i gotta make a better one. I didnt make it myself. I bought it because i needed a cheap one for testing.
A old gc case which i will use for the case.
Multimeter.
A whole bunch of cables.
Female and male connectors.
A xeno modchip for running pal games on these american dol 101 boards.
And some more basic stuff i cant recall right now :/

Things im currently waiting for ( already ordered )
- A 7 inch 480p screen with driver from buydisplay
- new clock crystals

Things i still need :
A spare gc controller
Some better battery cells for a good battery pack.

My plan:
Making a gamecube portable with all 4 controller ports ( internal can be switched off ) which can be used with a tv ( internal screen can be switched on and standart output can be switched on ). It should use the standart dd because i dont like ripping roms for the wiikeyfusion. Also i want to be able to switch between the gc and a raspberry pi thats running retropie. Using retropie i can emulate n64 and below ( this includes sega consoles, atari , ms dos, playstation x, sega cdi , mac bash and so on ). It will have mono audio ( i dont see the point for stereo. If you have mono blasting in your face on a handheld is good enough.)

Im gonna start the actual work as soon as the two parts arrive. My freetime is quite limited because of school so this is gonna take atleast 2 months to finish.
Also I am glad for any suggestions.

Im sorry that i dont have anything to show off right now. Also Im sorry if there are alot of spelling mistakes. Im using my phone to write this first post.

Have a nice evening.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

About integrating a raspberry pi, the Gamecube can emulate N64 and Nintendo below, don't know about sony and sega though. A raspberry pi would have the problems of controlling, either have another controller in the case or use a gc to usb adapter.

I think it makes more sense to burn Swiss on a disc and boot it on the portable, then use a SD gecko to boot emulators and such.

watsug said:
About integrating a raspberry pi, the Gamecube can emulate N64 and Nintendo below, don't know about sony and sega though. A raspberry pi would have the problems of controlling, either have another controller in the case or use a gc to usb adapter.

I think it makes more sense to burn Swiss on a disc and boot it on the portable, then use a SD gecko to boot emulators and such.
I will think about that but a raspberry pi would also bring the benefit of having a working linux pc in it. Meaning that you can boot to a desktop, create graphs of temerature and voltages, host a webserver and so on... It adds alot more functionality. Ofc alit of these are accomplished via a Keyboard but i have a small bluetooth keyboard anyways. I dunno. I will see when im done with the gc part if i can fit it in.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

I have an Rasp Pi 3 and N64 is *near* perfect but not 100% yet. I played Mario Kart and noticed some frame drops but it was certainly playable. PS1 was perfect, PSP was laggy and I haven't gotten around to trying Dreamcast yet but I hear that's hit or miss on most games. Everything below that runs perfectly, from what I've seen.

Back