Introductions/Meet-and-Greet

Hello! I'm fluxedo (as the name might suggest) and I've been modding for a while now. I'm also know as MizumiGCmods on youtube and mizumi on the MBB forums. I figured I'd start an account here. I'm currently working on a GCp and am about 50% done. :awesome:

Hey all ^^

I think I should posted at this topic first but I didnt noticed :D

like many members I was on BH site for a long time.

I made some gamecube modding some time ago and documented most of the stuff into a small guide.

I am from spain, and just made 25 last month.

I noticed many of the pepople from BH went to this forums, so I like the idea of keep in touch with them, even I am not active in modding at the moment ^^

I made more electronics mods after the gamecubes like many IR mods for the wiimote projects and also a small wireless robot.

currently not very active in electronics,
but well, just wanted to say hi to the modretrocomunity :)

Seen you around a bit, and its fantastic to have you back. (back isn't really the right word, since it was BH in the old days, but whatever)

Hi everyone,
I know this is kinda late, as I have joined MR a year now,

Anyways, I'm gamerlolwind
I came over from BH forums I'm also gamerlolwind there but with a number code at the end.

My main interest in modding is the holy grail gamecube system as it was my first console system I had owned. (Never owned an N64, NES or SNES or any sega systems or PSone)

I simply love the Nintendo gamecube, it's so awesome even today, through you can play GC games on wii. My favourate game on GC is Zelda WW and many others.

I live in Europe.

I also love the ps2, owned a slim from 2008, bought it because of final fantasy x and then got into kingdom hearts because of FF.

Now, I'm currently making a GCp for myself (thrid attempt) after failing two times now I'm trying again and using a wiikey fusion I bought from a friend.

I'm also making a ps2p it's 95% complete just needs a one handed controller but it's in progress because I'm currently on the GCp project.

So, yeah I'm having tons of fun on MR, it's awesome

Hey fellas. For anyone who's old enough, I'm the same Metroid fan on the old BH forums. I'm trying to get back to my modding roots. After seeing all of these new GCps I'm getting all teary eyed from remembering back to gamelvers GCp and TurboTax1.0's 1st GCp and I couldn't resist joining another forum with some of the old peeps. I've got a GCp design coming up in my head, so hopefully I can complete something for once in my life -_- anyway, hope to be around some.

How's it going, Metroid Fan? Long time no see. Nice to see an oldie getting back into the scene.

It's going good, it's good to be getting back into the scene. I've missed looking at portables on the internet and wishing I had built one. :rolleyes: Either way, I've gotten a lot better at soldering, so it should be easier this time around right? Lol probs not.

Hello ModRetro, semi oldie semi newbie here, I used to lurk a bit around Ben Heckled forums a few years ago but I've never been highly active. Ever since I saw some early SNES portables I've always wanted to make one myself. I've made two attempts at SNES portables in the past, the first when I was about 13-14. Had that 100% wired up, but couldn't build a case to save my life and scrapped it in frustration. I tried once more at about 18, but ruined my screen and had no money for a new one. I'd pretty much given up after that.

But a couple months ago I came across several GameCube portables on YouTube which really psyched me back up to give it one more try. 3rd times the charm right? ^^ I'd really love to get into this hobby better than when I was a dumb, poor kid, but for now I just need to buckle down and focus on one project at a time, starting with a Wii portable project then seeing where I go from there. ^^

Anyways, reasons I'm here aside; I'm a 24yo computer geek now. Just about to graduate with my bachelor's in Computer Information Systems, I dabble in just about everything and anything computer and electronics related. Favorite console is probably the SNES, since it was the system I grew up with. I dunno how active I'll be here, since I'm a lurker by habit, but I'm always free for a chat if you send me a note.

welcome to ModRetro, Cyberblade. Always nice to see some new blood old enough to grow up with the SNES.

If you don't mind me asking, where will you be graduating from?

Probably see enough people doing things as I did when I was 13-14, come in, go all nuts about it, get stuck and fade away because their parents won't shell out more money into the pit. Kids who have grown up with the Gamecube at most, let alone anything older. :p So new blood is perhaps a bit much, I don't know.

Anyways, I'll be graduating from Youngstown State University in about a month. ^^

What's up MR? I'm brand new to this forum, and rather "new" at modding old-school game systems. Figured this was as good a thread as any to make my introductions. I grew up playing the good ol' NES and Super NES, and those will always be my favorite home consoles. Honestly though, I'm really not much of a gamer. I much prefer making things and modding stuff. A few of you might know me from Benheck. Over the couple of years I've been a member there, I've learned a ton about this hobby, and I want to start making some real contributions to the community rather than just bug you guys for advice. My favorite stuff to mess with are arcade PCBs and cabinets, especially the Neo Geo MVS. I like to "portableize" things, but more than that, I like to make simple improvements to consoles, e.g. dual cart slots on a NES so it plays Famicom carts also.

Current projects: Fixing up an old Korean "candy cabinet" arcade machine, consolizing MVS, portable MVS, and "maxed out" NES console in custom wood case.

Well, that's me. As you can tell by my hyper, rambling introduction, I'm quite excited to be here. So, hi!

Welcome to the forums, Threedog. I've always wanted a candy cab myself, but I have to wait until I move somewhere with enough space to display it properly. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

Hello all! I am on several forums, most active on Atariage. On all forums I am known as MrBland.

I love retro gaming and have a decent collection of handhelds from Microvision to the 3DS... well the 3DS actually belongs to my boys (I have four) but you get the idea. I also LOVE Minecraft and am looking forward to 0x10c, I almost never play on public servers though. I have a small private server I play with the kids on, mostly copying other's awesome creations. Though occasionally we come up with something new

The main reason I am joining this forum (and a couple others) honestly is that I want to buy, or commission in the near future a couple portables. Definitely a portable n64, possibly some others. There are two portables that I hopefully will have soon after Christmas, an Atari 2600 and an Atari 7800. Both are in production, both have me very excited.

I have been trying to decide about a portable NES and SNES... I bought a Portable RetroDuo but have been pretty disappointed over the quality. The single biggest issue was that a poor soldering job left a hunk of solder shorting out the positive and negative leads in the speakers. I have no skill with a soldering gun, but even I was able to fix that blunder. Other smaller issues have left me dissatisfied and wondering if maybe I just got a lemon and should try again or if I should dish out and get someone to do it right!

Well enough of my rambling; see you guys (and gals) around the forum

Mr Bland

Zero said:
I've always wanted a candy cab myself, but I have to wait until I move somewhere with enough space to display it properly.

Haha Zero, if I can make mine fit in a military dorm room... All kidding aside though, thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to see there's plenty of life in these forums!

New to Forums!!!

Hey modretro! im new here (obviously) and I just wanted to start out by saying that I have recently been reviewing, reading, and looking at a lot of the posts about portables (Gamecube especially), mods, and other such electronic hacks. I found that in my jouney of wanting to create a gamecube portable, this would be the best place to do so. It looks like a very nice community that is always willing to help eachother with any problem they have, when it comes to electronics. So basically, i hope that u will convey to me the same kindness and helpfulness i have seen so far, in my event of making my portable...and hopefully more in the future. But, i have to say i am a newbie (not a noob!) at this kind of stuff but i am willing to learn and grow so that i can make a very sophisticated portable. I am willing to learn all the criteria that comes with making one such portable. I have already looked into guides explaining different ways of wiring up controllers, motherboards, wiikeys, etc...i have even looked at a guide about voltage, ohms, amps, capacitors, resistors, etc to give me a feel of what i would be dealing with. With that said, i am looking forward to working with the different members of this community and eventually creating a portable! To a good future :awesome: !!

p.s. recently i have made a list of the general materials needed for making one such portable, which i will be gathering up (Slowly since i need mula!) so if u say i need...oh a multimeter...ill get one!

Welcome! The best way to learn electronics and hacking is to choose a project you really want to build, and do whatever it takes to get it done. Whatever it takes.

Glad you're here!

Hello.
While I am not new to modding, I'm new to the scene.
I love overclocking, unlocking, halting, pitching, bending, hacking, painting, dying, re-casing, and back-lighting pretty much everything I get my hands on. I love vintage consoles and gaming... it's my antidepressant.

I'm an artist, musician, designer, engineer, and colossal show-off (I'm modest, but I like to flaunt my creations... hey, I'm an artist, and I needs my psychological validation)

Anyway. I hope to share all of my little home made gems with all of you, and gawk and drool over yours.

Hello ModRetro Community,

A little background: I am an aspiring Computer/Electrical Engineer and the University of Michigan, I enjoy gaming, anime/cartoons and creating cosplay. About a week ago I decided I wanted to have a BeeMO (BMO from Adventure Time) figure of sorts. When I found there were not many good quality ones, I thought it would be a great cosplay project to create my own BeeMO, and it might not be so bad since I am learning about how an NES controller works in classes this semester.

When I started my research on how to begin this process I had many questions as you can imagine. But I came across a video on YouTube about an N64 Portable, and it looked strikingly similar to the character I wanted to bring to life (if you are interested in the video, I will link it at the bottom of this post).

From there my eyes were open to the world of "Modding" and for whatever reason it rang with me. I have been lurking on this forum reading hundreds of posts and guides as well as some other great forums you all know. ModRetro helped me understand just how demanding my "on the whim" project might be.

BeeMO (BMO): My first project idea and inspiration into Modding will likely not be as complex as building a Portable for many reasons. I already believe I have the general outline for how I will build him, but I am sure I will be looking to the community for some general questions I will have.

Gamecube Portable: This is what great guides by Asthen, Downing, Tchay, ShockSlayer and essentially the ModRetro community and the like have convinced me to make! I only began to build an awesome Cosplay add-on for some future convention I might attend, but after literally almost 100 hours of ModRetro/Made-by-Bacteria guides and YouTube tutorials filling this past week I decided I must also make a portable and hopefully join the community with a strong presence to come.

I want to say thank you to everyone since you guys have helped me out considerably already and I hope I can contribute soon as well!

Link for my inspiration (it's Beemo!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh2TuN54EPQ

Welcome to the forums, Beemo. Looking forward to your seeing your projects in the future!

Hello all, I'm new to ModRetro, but not to modding. Most of my work has been centered around case mods though, but I'm always looking to give something else ago. Plus some of the portables I've seen have gotten me so intrigued, I kind of want to try my hand at it one day soon. I love the older consoles, grew up with them, but any and all electronic games I feel I have to spice up a little. Hope to chat to you all soon.

Back