Introductions/Meet-and-Greet

I would like to introduce myself!

I AM RAIZER04!

i was here long ago, and my return was mentioned in the book of york in the year of our lord 1812. I am a modder and i love anime...especially naruto...ninjas FTW!

Anywho...i hope this new clean slate will allow me to use this site and meet new people.

This unbanning proves that modretro shows no ill feelings and we can all mod and get along!

:D

That's right, we can all do it together!
image006.jpg

Welcome back Raizer!

GREETINGS INTERNET GOERS.

I'm Zak TH. Was wondering what to use as an avatar, and then I saw you guys seem to already have a well established group of bronies, so cue Spike with a Pot.

Anyway, I was brought here for help concerning a project I intend to build. My Gamecube was sort of collecting dust in the back of my closet, and I've seen videos of portables before, so I thought why not try to make a GCP?

I only realize now that I probably should've picked something simpler for a first-time project, but hey, I've already opened the thing up, and it was going to be junk anyway, so if I break it no biggie.

Anyway, I'm not begging you guys to do the work for me, I've been researching plenty on batteries and screens and such, but if you guys wanna throw me a few useful links, I won't complain. ;)

You seem more intelligent than most newcomers, so I don't think I'll have to link you to the fantastic megasticky in the gamecube section.

Fortunately, even though the GC seems hard, it's second only to the N64 in documentation, so plenty of folks'll be around to help you on your way.

SS

Zak TH said:
GREETINGS INTERNET GOERS.

I'm Zak TH. Was wondering what to use as an avatar, and then I saw you guys seem to already have a well established group of bronies, so cue Spike with a Pot.

Anyway, I was brought here for help concerning a project I intend to build. My Gamecube was sort of collecting dust in the back of my closet, and I've seen videos of portables before, so I thought why not try to make a GCP?

I only realize now that I probably should've picked something simpler for a first-time project, but hey, I've already opened the thing up, and it was going to be junk anyway, so if I break it no biggie.

Anyway, I'm not begging you guys to do the work for me, I've been researching plenty on batteries and screens and such, but if you guys wanna throw me a few useful links, I won't complain. ;)
Welcome! Based by your literacy and overall demeanor it seems you will be well received by the community.

Most of the information you will really need should be in the megastickies Here's the one for the 6th Generation (including Gamecube). I'm sure you've already looked through it as you seem fairly well read, but why not give it anyways.

Again, welcome, and I will be excited to see progress in the future!

Hey ModRetro,

I'm AstroTodd, Middle name Todd. Of course, I'm new to ModRetro; despite the fact that I've been doing a lot of lurking and reading for knowledge's sake. Now, I'm called to action for a new purpose.

To make things short and sweet, I'll say some things about myself, then why I'm interested in these forums. 19 years old. Senior in High School. Aspiring Master artist. Video Gamer and Fighting Game Enthusiast. Platformers are cool too. Hate shooters. Trying to learn life.

Now, why I've came.
Reason 1: Techknott. Believe it or not, when I first saw his portables earlier this year, I was amazed by his portable mods. Soon after, I discovered the famous Ben Heck, his book, and his forums. I was immediately drawn in to the world of mods (Especially ShockSlayer and his gadgets on YouTube), and how this was possible, and wanted to soon meet these creators and ask them "infinitely many" questions.

Reason 2: The actual creation of my own portable. At school, my senior career requires me to complete a Capstone project; a study over a field that we are interestred in, but nothing we are expert over. The Capstone requires an expert in the area of interest to be a mentor(s). At the moment I have a few candidates. As for a subect of interest, I've gone from entrepreneurship to graphic novels to marriage counseling :gonk: . None of them hit me hard. That was until I found ModRetro. I stayed up til 4 AM reading stickies and other useful information. Then, it hit me! I'll do ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING!

I know with the help of my mentor and assistance at ModRetro, I'll have no problem adjusting to this field and getting to know more about it, in order to make my own portable. Yes, I know it costs money. Yes, it may be time consuming, and yes it may be difficult, especially for a beginner. I have money, I'm gonna be given time inside of school to do it (and out), and I'm gonna take it on no matter how difficult. Call me optimisitc/idealistic.

So, that's pretty much me in a nutshell, and why I'm here. I hope to become a regular here at ModRetro. And I hope we can all get along! ::3: We can fight the evil with LOVE!

BTW... Did I mention that I wanted to make a Gamecube Portable???

AstroTodd said:
(Especially ShockSlayer and his gadgets on YouTube), and how this was possible, and wanted to soon meet these creators and ask them "infinitely many" questions.

Yesssss...wait, infinite questions? :sweat:

Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay and learn a lot.

SS

Thank you :)

I never meant that seriously, hence the quotes. But I do have a desire to learn.

Can I call you SS?

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out where to setup a Pre-worklog for my project. I figure that'd be a good start to get a good grasp on what parts, mods, casing, and etc. that I'll need, so where should I head first?

AstroTodd said:
Thank you :)

I never meant that seriously, hence the quotes. But I do have a desire to learn.

Can I call you SS?

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out where to setup a Pre-worklog for my project. I figure that'd be a good start to get a good grasp on what parts, mods, casing, and etc. that I'll need, so where should I head first?
Just make a worklog and ask a few questions there. Most of the questions you could possibly have should be answered in the megastickies (which I did read you have read).

Also, welcome to the forums, I hope to see some good progress!

Yes, please, call me SS! I prefer that. I don't like shock, shocky, slayer, and sometimes saying "ShockSlayer" is just awkward, unless you are Bo, or Beta in which case "Mr. ShockSlayer" is 100% acceptable. :lol:

SS

ShockSlayer said:
Yes, please, call me SS! I prefer that. I don't like shock, shocky, slayer, and sometimes saying "ShockSlayer" is just awkward, unless you are Bo, or Beta in which case "Mr. ShockSlayer" is 100% acceptable. :lol:

SS
You can say ShockSlayer if it's preceded by "The GodDang."

J.D said:
ShockSlayer said:
That too, make sure your word filter is off for that one.

SS
"GodDang" is filtered? Really?

Yeah, it becomes "THE Dang SHOCKSLAYER"

A big welcome to our new members! I'm T_W, your friendly neighborhood moderator and resident furfag. Pull up a keyboard and stay a while!

I don't mean to derail here, but word filter should be turned off by default, but have it on for visitors. You have to be like 10 years old or too religiously sensitive to not be able to handle "godDang."

It'd be better if we just put a little disclaimer under the word filter rule in the rules post. :p

Something like "The word filter is on by default. You may turn it off at leisure"

Back