Introductions/Meet-and-Greet

Hello People! I've really never been active here because I had a lot of bad personal stuff happen and I forgot my password, username and email was closed, but I'm back since I remembered my password and username. :mrgreen:

Hi.

I'm Poseidon. I'm one of those fabled ladyfolk everyone hears so much about. I've recently become really into case-modding Gameboys and controllers. (mostly just painting right now.) I'd probably like to learn something useful and meet people. Or something.

Anyway, I think I'll stick around. :o

Poseidon said:
Hi.

I'm Poseidon. I'm one of those fabled ladyfolk everyone hears so much about. I've recently become really into case-modding Gameboys and controllers. (mostly just painting right now.) I'd probably like to learn something useful and meet people. Or something.

Anyway, I think I'll stick around. :o
I wanna see yo work.

Also, welcome to the forums, hope to see ya stay. I also hope you won't be scared off.

Now if you could just go to RIT, then you could hang out with Aux(the other female MR member) and mod gameboys with Bibin(his gameboys are attractive.)

SS

Hello everyone, I'm a new member but I've lurked this forum for a bit. I've been researching portables for a while and now I'm going to finally start on a GCP.

Hello ModRetro.

I'm Robbie Hooker (real last name / so no joke's) 32 years old, and grew up playing Nintindo since I got my first one in 1985. I'm a fan of the classic's and modern version of the game's Like Zelda, Metroid, Mario world, ect..

I wanted to thank ModRetro for some of the helpfull tips and info I got from it for making my first portable gaming setup. y'all have already done the hard part by showing what can be done with the motherbord, contrloer, and power, issues. I have the skill and patience to do the rest.
and sofar most everything I needed to find out, I was able to find by looking in the older post.

I'm hoping to have my system working within a mounth, already have a good start on it, dont want to release to much info on it till I have a working mod to show. then I'll uplaod my work log.
I will say it's not a small pocket sized thing, I'm building it to be comfortable for myself, a rather big and tall guy with large hand's. it's a rather complicated build, with a unique twist. Some of you might hate it for it's size, but I'm sure that most of you will like the added features.

I do intend to give credit where its due, and say who I got what idea's from, when I reveal what I made.

and show a few of my own idea's I came up with, that I know some of you will probably like.

(I'm hoping this work's this time, I don't want to be the d-bag that keep's posting in the rong spot. if I could delete my other post I would)

Hello MR,

I am by no means a modder, I have zero skill, but I am very fascinated with this scene. I've been lurking and I'm just so amazed by everyone's work here it makes me want to contribute to the community. This place is just pure inspiration. But like I said, I have no experience with ANY of this, I play games, That's where our similarities end, but I do however have a couple ideas I hope to get commissioned (nothing terribly original), so I decided to join up here and hopefully after some research into specifics I can request something. Anyways, Thanks for having me!

Malus said:
Hello MR,

I am by no means a modder, I have zero skill, but I am very fascinated with this scene. I've been lurking and I'm just so amazed by everyone's work here it makes me want to contribute to the community. This place is just pure inspiration. But like I said, I have no experience with ANY of this, I play games, That's where our similarities end, but I do however have a couple ideas I hope to get commissioned (nothing terribly original), so I decided to join up here and hopefully after some research into specifics I can request something. Anyways, Thanks for having me!
What sorts of ideas? And welcome.

Don't worry, you're not the only person here with no interest/experience modding, there's many ;p

Hi all,

I was once a member of the BH forum years ago, though not particularly active and stopped modding soon after starting because of a lack of time. Now I have much more time to attempt some portable mods, I returned to find a ghost town over there :confused: , so turned to here.

To be honest I am more of an electronics hobbyist than a portabilizer, but I have been seen quite a few of the more 'famous' (publicized?) portables, and been amazed. The closest I have come to completing my own is doing the cart slot mod for a sega radica. I have all the electronics but making the case is a fairly daunting task, but I am determined to finish it ... eventually. I also have some other electronic projects on the go too which I may post about.

HELLO (mod)WORLD!
LOTS of Projects? Can't wait! I would say Welcome to ModRetro Forums!! to you, ElectronicGeek, but it turns out I'm newer than you. So sad about BenHeck forums. Reading about the Man was a part of a chain of coincidences that lead me into portablizing. Anyway, I'm brand new on the scene, and hard at work on my first GCP. I did research for several months, but without these forums I felt like I was starting from scratch. I made several mistakes (like getting NiMH batteries without even considering LI-ion) but now I'm pulling together to try and make a decent portable. I started with miniscule experience in elctronics, but now I look forward to all kinds of projects, from a Tablet PC to a ToastRetro (will do NES, SNES, Genesis, and Bagels) and lots of things in between. I'll try to stay active on ModRetro because it is Epic. Like a Dreamcast.

Back