- INTERESTING UPDATES (4-4-10)- My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

Re: - MO UPDATES - My Tower of Power. 56k gtfo

Jidan said:
pLover said:
loip90876 said:
You're just pissed because I put a twisted smiley after your last name.
No flax! My name is not funny! My family built this country, by the way!

All by themselves? That's impressive. It looks naturally made to me :awesome:
I know, right? They did a good job, huh?

Oh man, did I ever lol at that thread.

Looks good, one thing though. Looks like you built your frame with the 3.5 inch surface of the 2X4 facing your OSB sheathing. That gives you four extra inches inside but severely reduces structural integrity. It probably would have also been better to build the walls one at a time, including a 2X4 footer into the wall that you could then attach to the previously built header. This would also give you a ton more structural integrity versus toenailing the studs into the previously built header. If you don't get much wind in your area, you should be fine. Looks cool though.

BTW, Is that a Beaucarnea recurvata I see in front of your tower o' power?

RevRon said:
BTW, Is that a Beaucarnea recurvata I see in front of your tower o' power?

I believe it is.

Ok, so everyone, expect some updates, as my dad slopped on some paint(slopped, not painted) on the OSB so that it's better protected from the rain. He took all teh paint we had and mixed it randomly, and there was a green batch, AND A PINK BATCH. :dahroll:

It's kinda strange, but it's only temporary until I get some actual paint, so I'm calling it primer. My dad named the color "I don't care." Mainly because as it mixed and was painted on, it started out white, then pinkish, pink, then reddish. XD

SS

Don't bump old threads. Especially if you have nothing to add.

And flax face? What kinda insult is that >.>

:wtf:

I'll lock this until I add something useful. In the meantime, some of you need to grow up.

SS

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

SS, I have both that TV, and those wire cutters. :awesome:

Interesting thing about my tower I discovered today:

breakersonfort.png

This is how the power is wired.

Those purple outlets have breakers on them, meaning I can go press a button and it cuts off the power going through it. The grey ones do not have this feature. So, what if someone is in the top level, and they are trying to keep me out?

Cut off the power going to them! Now they have no power!

If they were on my computer, then that gets turned off and they cant use it, the heaters or air conditioning they were enjoying is no longer functional, and it's going to be pretty Dang dark considering the lights no longer function!

There are two small vents up in the corners, but they aren't large enough for sufficient light to shine through. And if they've moved something heavy over the hatch to keep me out, then they've just trapped themselves in there, as there are no windows or doors.

This happened to me today, my brother and a friend or two of his thought they would be funny. I was graciously letting them use the top level for a while, and then they go and do that. Well, earlier my friend was trying to plug his DS lite charger into one of the outlets on the bottom floor, but it was dark and the ladder was in the way, so as he fumbled he lightly hit the breaker button causing the lights to flicker. Later when they tried their prank, I decided I was gonna cut off the power somehow, so I tried turning on a few extra things to try to trip the mains breaker, but I didn't have both heaters, so I couldn't do it.......then....Eureka!

So after tripping the breaker my friend and I get to listen to them fumble around in the dark trying to get out. We moved the ladder so they couldn't get down easily, and they ended up hurting themselves doing it. :p They deserved it, you don't *Can'tSayThisOnTV* around with MY tower!

SS

Back