I'm entering the race: SonyQrios µGC Worklog

ShockSlayer said:
nukear said:
I doubt you can have the smallest GCp with batteries that lasts longer than an hour.
You can. It's not even remotely hard, if I had all my parts here I could do it right now. What you are saying is basically what the XGC is.

You can speculate at what's possible until you're blue in the face, but the fact remains that it's all about the effort. Any of you nubs can ask any seasoned professional whose been here for awhile(couple years or so) and they'll tell you, anything is possible and there's no limit. Everything can be made smaller.

Everything.

I come from the days where I was the first to manage to fit an N64p into a ZN-45, and putting a GC into one was unheard of. I'll let you know when something's actually impossible.

SS
:Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :cry4: that was beautiful

SonyQrio said:
Anyway, as for fitting a GC into a L SoftCase: NO HUH-UH NO WAY

6216322628_2d0d26f008_z.jpg

SQ, I'm not really sure why you always feel compelled to *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing argue with everyone, but you should really stop.

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

As you can see, an OMGWTF cut board will totally fit going by the spec's listed for that case and as I said, if you wanted to be totally insane and rewire some chips and stuff the board could get a bit smaller.

Do'able? Yes, 100%.

Practical? Not really, unless you wanted to use a 2" screen and get hand cramps cause you have to place the controls close together. Zenloc has already shown that the PSP 1000 case unmodded can house the same cut shown above and the PSP 1000 is less than an inch thick.

:wtf: My goodness, I wasn't arguing with anyone; I was just being pessimistic. If you want to fit a GC mobo in there, then by all means, do so. You're off to a great start. It looks awesome! :awesome: I'd love to see it done.

Anyway, I made some progress on my board today. I wrapped all my wires up, hot-glued em down and made a nice little electrical taped bundle. :D

Now, I have all the wires I need coming off of the board right where I need them. I also added a normally closed switch to my wiikey so I wouldn't have to mess with an aligator clip.

MY BOARD IS NOW 100% DONE! The electronics portion of this portable is about 94% done, as I have to wire up my custom regs, my audio amp, and make a few finishing touches when I close it up in the case.

SonyQrio said:
:wtf: My goodness, I wasn't arguing with anyone; I was just being pessimistic.

You're really bad at conveying how you really feel then. Its not this one time either.

It's funny how you pretend to know everything then get proven wrong, like, every time. Comic relief of MR.

Funniest part is, I've heard that there's an ENITRE THREAD dedicated noob bullflax just like this. Sadly everyone I've asked about it denies it :confused:
I'm willing to bet good money queero is mentioned quite a few times in this so called "thread"

Seriously, Qrio? Ashen is like, the most patient and helpful person around here, and he basically revolutionized the GC scene.

Arguing with an egotistical jackass like me is one thing, but Ashen is another entirely.

I swear to god I've told you like a million times to stop being a retard, I've lost all my patience with you and the rules you think are protecting you from a sharp kick in the ass off of this site.

SS

budnespid said:
Funniest part is, I've heard that there's an ENITRE THREAD dedicated noob flax just like this. Sadly everyone I've asked about it denies it :confused:
I'm willing to bet good money queero is mentioned quite a few times in this so called "thread"
That would be cool. Maybe we should set up something like that sometime. Entirely for dishing hate out on the noobiez. It would be fantastic.

samjc3 said:
budnespid said:
Funniest part is, I've heard that there's an ENITRE THREAD dedicated noob flax just like this. Sadly everyone I've asked about it denies it :confused:
That would be cool. Maybe we should set up something like that sometime. Entirely for dishing hate out on the noobiez. It would be fantastic.
It isn't like me or you would get to use it :(

Ashen is the man, and I respect him. He made everything possible here. So, by all means, he deserves all the credit. If he thinks he can do it, it can be made possible.

Back on track?

Ok, tiny progress update. I wired my batteries up and charged them overnight. They output a steady 7.5v. I played the Objective-64 off of them for a while. I did some measurements and a tad bit of math, and it turns out they'll power my GC for 1 hour and 32 minutes fully charged. That's minus my audio amp + fan which would probably take 10 minutes off of the play time, as they only draw a few mAh each. So, it looks like with these batteries I'll be getting a good hour and 20 minutes of play time; which is more than ideal for me. :D

Is this off the original reg? If you use custom regs, and output 1.7V instead of 1.9, I think zenloc said you could get about 30 mins more.

No, I haven't tested it on the cube yet. It's all in theory.

I can't seem to get my regs to work. I bought a multipack today and got all of the right resistor values, but still no joy.

Back