I'm entering the race: SonyQrios µGC Worklog

Re: The Worlds Smallest GameCube Portable: SonyQrios µGC Wor

Wats a XGC?
EDIT:NEV MIND.

Qrio, soft cases are pretty.
I want to see this one come out like a champ.

Video is up! Check it out on the first page...

Sony, it's 27.612". But yours will have... well you can tell 'em. Anyway, nice video! I'm looking forward to more progress.

- mymixed

Totally digging the reference to my 2008 "breakthrough in GC portablizing" video. <3

What will it have, mm? WHAT WILL IT HAVE?

SS

:trollface:

No, jk. Anyway, if you subtract the .2" :)P) I saved for batteries, it becomes 23.364 cubic inches. So, battery-less, the µGC is smaller than the XGC.

However, even if I do make the world's smallest, I owe some of it to you SS.

We'll see how it plays out. Our measurements are so close, the worlds smallest will go to the portable with more functionality (i.e batteries, rumble, SD gecko, P2 port, etc.)

hurdursizewars
Why not just worry about making good portables?

Fusion Micro, rev. 2 = 22.23cin. That would be assuming the psp was shaped completely rectangular also, which its not. So the above # is actually a bit high.

As Mako said though, who really gives a flax. Lets just make awesome portables. Progress looks nice so far SQ, that case is fakn small.

Yeah, you guys are right. Who really cares. I guess it's all just to say that you had something that's the smallest in the world.

Anyway, more progress soon.

Who cares? I sure care.

I want y'all to be making the smallest and simplified portables before you go and make the best designed portables.

I'd take a fat, beautiful portable over a tiny, flaxty portable. :wtf:

If the goal of everyone in the modding community was to make the prettiest cases, we sure wouldn't be where we are today, would we?

Sure, people can work on the case. That's nice. But smaller is even nicer son. Don't you forget that.

I think that it is the case that makes the portable, and I will definitely be perfecting the case for this portable.

I dont get what people have against external batteries. Sure, having them built in is nice but if your not going to get a signifigant amount of playtime without adding immense proportions then I say the trade off in size is worth it imo.

Looking neat. Won't be the smallest though thrust me ;) But yeah who cares......................I do :p

I would leave the batteries. When you make the portable that small and the heatsink that low you also make it hotter. When there is less space to ventilate having batteries in there will be a problem in the long run. Also 1 hour of gameplay is a waste as you need to have the charger on hand anyway so what's the point. If it was 3 hours ok but yeah like Ashen said it's not worth it.

That analog slider setup looks exactly like mine on my gamecubemini :mrgreen: Keep up the good work!!

Yeah, you can't really use the "World's Smallest" title considering its not complete yet and there are so many other portables in progress so close (or smaller) than your projected size.

Still, its really looking nice. Keep up the good work.

nukear said:
I'd take a fat, beautiful portable over a tiny, flaxty portable. :wtf:
NOPE. The thing is, some people like nice cases. However, a unit isn't really "portable" if it doesn't store easy. The TSF was nice looking, SS could have made it look better. IT FIT IN A POCKET. Most people here are teenagers who don't take the time to make heavenly cases. Notice how nicer cases are made by people like zenl0c.

Case < Size

Back