I'm entering the race: SonyQrios µGC Worklog

Re: The Worlds Smallest GameCube Portable: SonyQrios µGC Wor

I say it only needs to look nice when being sold, otherwise who cares? Your playing the gamecube wherever you want!
And external batteries are nice for people who only build portables because theyr not allowed to play videogames and therefore only use them in their room, like me for example :gonk:

Re: The Worlds Smallest GameCube Portable: SonyQrios µGC Wor

I'll change the title as soon as I get home...

Title changed... and more progress:

Here are my batteries:
6209211299_5b365b7a9d_z.jpg

They are both 3.7v 2500mah at .2" thick! (hence the space I saved for batteries in the case, so they'll fit)

So, wired in series, at 7.4v 2.5 ah, they should power my GC for about an hour! :dahroll:

However, an hour of gameplay isn't too bad. I'd definitely be enough to show the unit off and to have a quick play while going from place to place in the car. I'd definitely have an external battery for when I really wanted good play time.

Yay progress :dah: I was worried after the 2 1/2 pages dedicated to people fighting over size :wtf:

SonyQrio said:
Title changed... and more progress:

Here are my batteries:
6209211299_5b365b7a9d_z.jpg

They are both 3.7v 2500mah at .2" thick! (hence the space I saved for batteries in the case, so they'll fit)

So, wired in series, at 7.4v 2.5 ah, they should power my GC for about an hour! :dahroll:

However, an hour of gameplay isn't too bad. I'd definitely be enough to show the unit off and to have a quick play while going from place to place in the car. I'd definitely have an external battery for when I really wanted good play time.
Lol, is that the Vaio batteries you found at HD? xD

Okay... I think I miscalculated the battery life. :D Normally, that would be a bad thing. But, I think that if the batteries are wired in series, it would give me 2500mAh + 2500mAh = 5000mAh or 5Ah. Thus, powering my GC for about 2 hours at Zenloc's predicted draw of 2.3-2.4 amps. Yay! Battery life! :awesome:

No. Series adds voltage, not capacity. Parallel adds capacity, not voltage. One or the other, not both.

Yup. Also, from personal experience, 1 hour of batterylife is really, really "meh." I mean, after playing for one minute you already have less than an hour of battery life left!

I suggest you scrap them, and shorten your case the maximum amount you can, and just use an external pack. They aren't that bad, and if you happen upon a larger pack you can use it. Heck, build a cord and plug it into your other portables, I power the SLGC off of the giant battery in the ZNWii most of the time. XD

SS

So you think I should forgo batteries and trim off the space I'm not using? SS, will you be using batteries in your portable.

Even though I love batteries, that is a good plagkfgvbbnmb... plandasdsdf... PLANdasbfdssq... PLAN. Just make the best portable ever. In fact, instead of ordering a XL case, you should just use a L. That is of course, if your ashen enough. Also,

XCVG said:
Series adds voltage. Parallel adds capacity.
This is true.

- mymixed

Pretty sure its easily doable, I'm not really interested though. After the Fusion Micro rev. 2 is done I have some commissions to attend to and other projects to finish. Perhaps in the very distant future though.

SonyQrio said:
Case is too small... OMGWTF wouldn't even fit.

You mean OMFGCAPS? Cause you weren't even around for that. :/

Also, if Ashen says it'd be easily doable for him, I wouldn't question him.

Back