Help me out? Power regulator moving.

tom10122

It's a dol-001 So it's a little different then ashens trimming guide I think ( theres a resistor on his where mine has what looks to be a big diode by where the 3.3, 1.9 and ground are) Anyways I wired everything exactly including the overheat wire, It turns on but the DD doesn't work , the sound , sounds like wind passing over a microphone and the led doesn't turn on . I think it has to be the fact that it is a slightly different rev than ashens guide. Help.

Yup One minute, Everything now works except sound, sound now has nothing gonna wire right to the chip and see what happens

2012_08_23_13_41_19_501.jpg

2012_08_23_13_41_16_912.jpg

2012_08_23_12_35_29_853.jpg

2012_08_23_13_40_50_992.jpg

Need to wire GND from pin 1 of powerboard to the pin 1 of Motherboard and double the strenght with another wire for stronger the line.

Here is a PIC :
GROUND.png

And the Motherboard:
MOBOGND_2.png

This trick solve some flickering in video and maybe in sound.(Only if you bridge 5V/12V on Motherboard)

I'm using 5v for all the system, only 12v from power wall or from my 12v battery pack and runs fine ;)

Only need to quit the 12v wire from regulator board to motherboard and bridge the 12v with soldering iron to the 5v line. That's all!

The sound(only if you use external amp) is clearly and loud.

I have the same revision motherboard.

Good Luck tom!

EDIT: Sorry but i got the sound lines from this little left and right caps.
Capacitorexplanation.jpg

crap It still is messed up :( I have two grounds and it still sounds like wind can I get a pinout of the regulator itself?

Sorry not right now, I connected pin 21 on the regulator to pin 10 on the board, I didn't do anything else to it except move the regulator and this happend

It's a pain sometimes.
I have numbers in motherboard and regulator and don't coincide with the guides.
Try to find these numbers , but it's different numeration in my boards than the guides pin. Does not match!!!!

Try to count my pic( few post ago) of the regulator GND is pin 1next to yhe right 2......behind the pin 1 is 12

The motherboard the same. This helps me a lot to wiring in the correct place.

Don't really under stand but if you put the regulator under the motherboard it would line up right on top of each other.

Yes It's little confused.

My powerboard and my motherboard fits the numbers when you connect them, but the numbers are diferent from this.

regulatormobobx7.png

Mine have the numbers in other position. The correct pins of the pic is am i used,If i was wired to the numbers in my boards, i'll fried my board.

In this pic the right/up pin is 21!!!!!!!! And in the guide is 11!!!
P1000420.jpg

Do you understand me now?

It's difficult to explain better for me, but in my first board, i'm put the guide pins numbers with the pin numbers on my boards and FRY my cube. :wtf:

I expect that help you a little.

It's the correct way to put 12v to motherboard.And don't turn on? And the power led?

Try with the voltimeter the correct + and - of the regulator plug(normally red is + and black is - ) and put the + (12v) to the pin 10 of motherboard

Back